After 2 years it finally bloomed!

(Zone 8a)

My lavender moonvine I grew from seed last year and never bloomed...

This year it is loaded with buds!

It is gorgeous!

Thumbnail by imaseedpicker
Cullman, AL(Zone 7a)

BEAUTIFUL!!!
I have a tiny baby seedling....can't wait for this!!

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

very nice!

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Absolutely lovely and DEFINITELY worth the wait!!!

P.S. It is NOT unusual for the plant to put all it strength & energy into growing a strong root system the first year. A lot of plants germinated by seed, bloom the second year! It certainly keeps one in suspense :~)

Please let me know if you have any seeds to share :~)

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

So is this a real moon vine... as in ipomoea alba?? Or a different species? Congrats on your blooms Ima!

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Imaseedpicker, did you say how big these blooms are???

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

Hugh Congrats!!! Pretty aren't they?!! I have one too just like it!! I just wished they had a smell, but they don't :( but the flower makes up for it!

Georgetown, TX(Zone 8a)

Oh, Reb, you didn't tell me it waited a year to bloom. I am so relieved, because I thought it was something I was doing wrong. So it's just growing its little legs and will take off running next year? Thanks again for the seed. I didn't realize how much I wanted them until last year when you surprised me with a cheer-up package. Remember?

(Zone 8a)

Aimee...lol I didn't know myself! I was about to give up on them! To bad they bloom late in the evening and you don't have much to enjoy them...but they are pretty!

Yep! I member, hope all the seeds did well for you!

Georgetown, TX(Zone 8a)

Reb, I am here to urge you back. Please!

(Zone 8a)

Did you miss me?

Georgetown, TX(Zone 8a)

Just knowing you are here is great! In answer to your question, does a bear, no, not here, is a pig's, no, not that, is the Pope, better not risk it, can a big wheel roll?

(Zone 8a)

Yes it can! LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.