This was the most fun I have had.

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

Last year, while in Key West, I went and swam with the dolphins. I have mixed feelings about keeping them captive, but the experience was magical! And, it was no strain on the knees, while in the water.
Melva

Thumbnail by melvatoo
Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

I bet that was a thrilling ride!!! My younger son did that a couple of years ago when we were vacationing on the big island of Hawaii. He loved it too :~)

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

That looks so FUN! I've always dreamed of doing that, too, Melva!

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

It is FUN, a lot of fun. You really should do it, if you get a chance.
Melva

markleysburg, PA(Zone 5a)

What a wonderful experience you wont ever forget Shirley

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

So the dolphins are out in the ocean, but just in a confined area? What's it cost to do that? That would be the ultimate vacation destination for me...except I'm not all that interested in Key West itself.

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

Oh, we saw that in the Bahamas, but didn't have time for Lauren to go. It looks like so much fun.

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

The dolphins are in a protected cove. They have a low barrier around it, to keep (basically) other things out. I am pretty sure if the dolphins wanted to, they could get out. And in the case of a bad storm, the barriers may well disappear, the trainers have trained the dolphins to respond to clickers, so if they did get into the ocean, they could be 'called' back. They have become so dependant on being fed, that it is doubtful they would be able to hunt their own food.
I don't remember what it cost: I do recall, that it was quite a lot.
Key West is one of my favorite places. I have been, four times, and I plan to go back in the Spring. I don't get into the bar scene etc. since I don't really drink...there is so much more to do, trips to take on the water, and good places to eat seafood. I love to go and see the Key Deer, do you know about them? And the place is gorgeous!! Of course, Florida, is my home state, so I love it there.
Melva

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.