Is this a good deal for a greenhouse?

Hamilton Sq, NJ(Zone 6b)

Here is a deal I got, this is the offer from a guy about 2 hours from my house. The greenhouses are 40 feet long and the cost is $2500.00. My DH was going to build me one anyway, just not so big. You name it it's in there. Here is a copy of the add.

Okay, my father was an avid hobbyist. He had everything necessary to make a business of this. He is gone now, and I am trying to straighten up the property to sell. So, here are 2 greenhouses; one set up, which YOU must take down, with ALL accessories included - hundreds of pots, trays, racks, germinating heaters (worth a couple hundredon their OWN, from what I gather), kero heaters for cold nights, racks for hardening them on outside, the full watering system, etc. Also, one more greenhouse, which my father never got the chance to set up. Both go, for peanuts. I need to move them, so I can sell the house. So, My loss is YOUR gain. This is a LOT of stuff. You will need a LARGE truck to transport it all, if you are not local. If you must travel to get here, to purchase this, I will gladly house you for the couple days it takes to disassemble and cart away.

We are going to check it out on Sunday. I've only seen pictures so far. The pictures are from his house. Let me know if this is a deal. I am posting the pictures for you to see. There are 8 of them.

Thanks,
Anna

Richmond Hill, GA(Zone 8b)

Anna, too be honest with you, I'm not sure I'd be interested in it based upon the pictures you posted. It looks as though it's about had it. You may be able to pick up some supplies such as trays, pots, etc. I think the guy selling it would have to _give_ it to me for me to take it off his hands.

Terri

Hamilton Sq, NJ(Zone 6b)

Thank you for you input Terri, I am new to the greenhouse thing and don't know What a good price really. That's why I asked here before I would even think about and offer on it. My DH said to offer him not more then $200. If he wants to get rid of it that bad, he will take what ever he gets for it.

Thanks again,
Anna

Richmond Hill, GA(Zone 8b)

You welcome, Anna. I wonder how old that other greenhouuse is...do you know? The good thing about your husband building you one is that you will know everything about the glazing...the thickness, age, and etc. If you buy that other greenhouse, you may just be buying a headache. I'd hate to see that happen to you.

Terri

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.