eggplant

Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

my eggplant have been producing great but now the fruit has turned yellow. they have nothing to be scared about lol :) why would they turn color? it is a pretty color. is it good to eat? or poison like potatoes. can i turn them back to purple? thank you in advance for any advice.

Thumbnail by farmgirl21
Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

What is the name of the cultivar? They look like the Easter Egg eggplant to me. If that is what they are, this is normal coloring for some of the fruit.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Looks like you have a white variety. We plant "Ghostbuster".
It will turn from white to yellow when it is ripe. Good time to save seeds but not to eat.
Bernie

Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

these eggplants started out purple/white they are rosa bianca. they are not the large kind they do stay small and were very tasty. i just can't figure why they would all of a sudden turn yellow.

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

try this url... http://www.ent.iastate.edu/ipm/hortnews/1997/5-2-1997/eggplant.html , hope it shed light to ur questions.

Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

thank you. :)

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

u're welcome :)! my pleasure.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

My answer wasan't good enough for you?

Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

lol countrygardens yes it was. i'm sorry. i just didn't know what to say. these eggplant started out yellow didn't turn, all the others started out purple/white. all the info i got from ya'll helps me bunches on growing them but not for the reason of these few that are doing this. if that makes sence. i see the seed to save in the over ripe ones. i am not to sure if i would save the seed from these yellow. they are a very pretty color and are a little bigger today. i am just stumped on why they are doing this.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.