Wednesday, another day

Hello All
Its another great morning here, the sun is shining, light winds, its going to be warm again, several plants have began to open flowers or send up flower stalks it at last feels like it should for this time of the year, time to get busy in the garden again, kepping on top of the weeds, ready to plant out anuuals, see you all later, have a great day.

Dutton, AL(Zone 7a)

Good morning it is cloudy here and we do hope for rain.The garden is planted with a few beans,squash,turnips,lettuce etc up. Space tomatoes have been planted and corn. Some old timey roses are blooming and more budding, Hopefully we will have plenty for

decorationDay and HJomecoming. Have a wonderful day

Hi everyone, I'm back from the weekend away. The weather was great and we all had a tremendous time, came back with light tans and looking and feeling healthy. Decided at the last minute to go camping with the camping club at a theme park where we got 3 day passes for all the rides, never been on so many rollercoaster rides in my life, it was great, I even enjoyed getting soaked through many many times on the log flume rides. Met a load of nice people and it was great to be able to relax and not worry about where the boys were since the site was safe and secure and the campsite only 2 minutes from the main entrance. Only problem is that we've come back to a garden gone mad - I cannot believe how much everything has grown in such a short space of time, the grass has sudenly sprouted hundreds if not thousands of dandelions so the mower's coming out this afternoon - the other thing is that my appetite's gone through the roof with all the exercise and excitement so I'm going to have to watch what I'm eating for the next few days as I do less and my body continues to tell me that I need to eat more fish n chips and mars bars and so on.

Hope everyone's all well, I'm off to prepare lunch and then garden for a while whilst the sun is shining.

Hugs to you all

Jo

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

today is starting out very sunny and a high of 74 today(hopefully)I have alot to do in the garden as it is busting out everywhere. I cant believe how things have shot up-columbine are about to open,foamflowers are opeing and the bleeding hearts are beautiful.
So much to do yet-and plant trades are right around the corner(local)i have to get somethings dug!!! I hope everyone has a great day in their gardens!
dori

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Good morning everyone - Beautiful morning after some much needed rain in the night. Sounds like you had a great time with the kids Jo. Alan, Fern and Dori - looks like everything is coming up roses for you. All that lovely veg Fern!!! I suppose it will be quite some time before anything in our garden will come up as the soil is obviously going to need a lot of amendment. So the plants will have to live in their pots for some time yet. Noticed spatterings of green fly and whitefly and those huge caterpillars all over the place. The early perennials have started to bloom, the pinks, granny's bonnet etc. The anchusa looks ready to burst, hostas look amazing and my five roses in full bud. The veronica Georgia Blue is just about going over now - lovely little plant! Well, good news about my daughter. She came through the op very well and she and the baby are safe, thank God. Those of you who sent me good wishes thank you so much. Have a great day folks!

it has been a lovely sunny warm day here they say it will last until the weekend i cant get into the garden some other things preoccupying my time at the moment but i so do like the warmth
louisa i am so very glad to hear your news

oh no
i have been badly bitten
by a gnat from the fens
lollollollollol
the warmth brings them out

Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom

Hi everyone, glorious weather here. Enjoying it while it lasts.

Nice to here from you Ribbit, How is your mum? Is she on the mend and back home?

I'm looking forward to sunday. One of the Stately homes near here is having a Plant Fair, oh yes, oh yes, oh yes!!!

bye for now

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Hey cat - which bug did you say had bitten you?????...lol

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

i always thought cats were bitten by fleas, not gnats....must be different critters across that big old pond!!!but i guess that is what you get in the fens!!! lol

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

lol - Lisa - you have to live in the Fens to know the Fens. I know the Fens and there are some good bugs and bad bugs. I think Cat is talking about a good bug!!!

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

hahaha i understand louisa!!!

lol it was a gnat i tried to swat it several times it was all over me
i missed tho lollollol need a better swatter lol

it was humungus weird things those swamps

lollollollol never know wots going to come out of them

daisy yes shes a lot better thanks for asking

This message was edited Wednesday, May 9th 9:44 PM

buzz buzz buzz.

ROFL
going to the hardware store NOW !
i wonder would spray be more effective ?
ROFL

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

hmmmm...dont buy anything that has the word "Pheromone" in it....lol!!!

lollollol lisa
not at all necessary
id like to survive the experience !
lollollollol

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

You know there is a funny bug going around - mmmm!! what was the name of it again??? Oh yes, I believe they call it the L--- bug..........lol. Alan, you buzzed off pretty quickly....lol

lollollol louisa
how sad wot a bad pun
obviously the spray worked then louisa lollollolollol i must get in stacks of it for next week
i may have to buy shares in the company lollollollol

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Well cat I just knew you would see the funny side of that 'bad pun'. Thought it was rather a good one myself. Oh well, (sigh....) to each his own!! Catch you later - if I can...lol

Nothing works on fenland mossies, nothing, especialy for ribbitcats.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

You are so right Alan - especially when they get caught in all that fur :-)

cheshire cat smiles atcha both louisa alan

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.