Harlequin coleus

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

purchased from Glassworks on ebay. They don't have anything listed right now. And this one is not on their website. But I have the invoice. At least they call it this, might have another name somewhere else.

Thumbnail by tiG
Fayette, MO(Zone 6a)

Very Pretty

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

This is nothing at all like the one I got from Marie - it had rounded leaves! Very pretty.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

I got that one too, and it's either Tilt a Whirl or Kaleidoscope.

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

Thanks - I think so too!

Gulfport, MS(Zone 8a)

Guess I messed it up for Marie; I labeled the plants, and just messed up. Sorry, everybody.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

Roz, there are so many coleus that have two different names, depending on the seller. I LOVE this coleus from her. It's my very favorite all year!!!!! don't be sorry! please???

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Uncle tiG, tell me......I thought glassworks had a terrible rating.... do you like them?

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

well, I hate their website! it's awful. I didn't order these off the site, which is where people are having problems ordering from. I loved what I got off of ebay, but they don't always list.

Birmingham, AL(Zone 7b)

The coleus of which Calalily posted a picture in the thread, "Tilt-a-Whirl?," is not Tilt-a-Whirl. Tilt-a-Whirl is my favorite coleus, and I know it down to the capillaries at every stage in its life.

I know of four round-leafed coleus: Tilt-a-Whirl, Flirtin' Skirts, Diane's Gold and Kaleidoscope -- and would love to hear of others. Cala's is Kaleidoscope. Several links were posted with pictures showing the name.

tiG -- Did it come that size? I keep hearing that Glassworks sends microscopic, barely rooted cuttings, but that one is lush and healthy.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

no, this is about a month later, and well fed. but it was a nice size! and fully rooted. I bought 2 off ebay and they sent an extra even. I keep looking hoping to find more they have listed, but nothing for the past couple of weeks. The good thing about buying on ebay is that they can't wait to send, or ebay will get them!

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

I love the coleus' variegated pointed foliage. It will make a nice compliment with other shrubs and flowers in your garden.

You definitely were very successful on e-bay. I never have seem them on there, but know I hang out on "half.com".

I don't go to their website, but their printed catalog isn't as confusing, and they offer a wide range of plants.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.