King Alfred

markleysburg, PA(Zone 5a)

Hello out there Can anyone help me? My little 17 yr old dog died on Friday of her second stroke. I am heartbroken. The day before she died she and I took a ride and beside a cemetery on a big dirt pile I saw the biggest daffodill-just one- I picked it and took it to the vets for the girl who took care of Abby. I went back to see if I could get the bulb for her grave but they had had a burial and it had been bulldozed over by more excess dirt. Does anyone have abulb or two of this daff they could share with me. I will pay postage or try to offer something in return. Thanks a lot. Her name was Abigail and I got her from the pound the day my other dog died of cancer=she had been brought there because someone had senselessly murdered her owner and then burnt the house around him-he evidently had left her out before this happened. She only weighed six pounds and it was a miracle she lived thru all that. She gave me beauty for three years and I would like to plant beauty for her. Thanks

Saint Louis, MO(Zone 5b)

Hello Marclay,

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of Abigail. It is very difficult to lose a beloved pet. I do hope you can find the bulb you are looking for to honor her.

Sharon

Thanks you Sharon

To those who emailed me offering bulbs thanks and to those who offered kind words thanks. I have a new friend coming to live with me from the pound next week. She is a little corgi named corky who is fostering puppies for them so they wanted to keep her another week. her owner just called thw pound and told them to come pick her up after she had puppie. How cruel people are. I am sure she and I will be great friend. Thanks for all the friendship on this site.

Crestview, FL(Zone 7b)

Removed by member request

Hi I am sorry your lost your furfriend too. I have lost four in two years and they are all buried in my garden. I got the first daffs a kind person named Janet flowers sent me today and I put them on Abbys grave. The pain is deep but I always go to the pound and try to get an older pet noone else wants to give a chance to some dear friend that might be put to sleep often after many years of being loved. Once it was Scoopy a ittle chi mix whose owner cried and cried but had a double amputation done and couldnt take care of him any longer. He was 14 and he and I were great friends for three years and then Annie a blonde peke who was 8 and whose ownere couldnt take her tyo senior citizens housing and lucky who was 7 who had been left tied to a doghouse when his owners moved and he was bones when found. He and I were great buddies for the four years he had left and smokey who was a firehouse cat who died at seven and weighed 16 pounds about ten ore then when we found him-he had no hair and had an abcess and hepatitis-he was someones russian blue who got lost. Yes the pain is so great but the friendship is so worth it. Thanks for your kind words and God bless and comfort you.

Brooklet, GA(Zone 8a)

congradulations on your new friend. i was hoping you would. pets can bring such joy into our lives.

Yes JAnet. When one lives alone it is so much joy to be able to share ones life with a loving furfriend. Ive always had both dogs and cats. Thanks for the daffs and plants

Hi everyone corky arrived home yesterday and she is a gentle love-looks like a little red fox. About 6 yrs old and is very good but she wont eat for me yet-she has had some trauna in being sent to pound and losing her puppies. She is getting acquainted with the MOB (my cats) I will enjoy her company and her presence. Anyone know about corgis? Never had one before.

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

hi marcly,
first i'm sorry about your loss, i too have an honored place in my yard for my Boots, alias Booter Kitty. Now that i garden, i am trying to decide on what to put above him. he loved flowers. he would always nibble on my cut flowers in the vase. :-) so that is easy flowers. i also got a plaque, shaped like a cat that i had imprinted with his name and below it, gods gift.
congratulations on your new corgi. hi corky, lots of hugggs from us here. Franklin (pekingese doggie to debi & Leo) my momma and daddy , :o-) ruff

take care
debi z

Lake Toxaway, NC(Zone 7a)

You will love the corgi, they are great dogs!

Thanks Debi and woodspirit. I put hostas lilies and violets above the graves-no markers. I do love this little dog-she is quiet and has never barked. I had heer at the firehouse yesterday while I was dispatching for a wreck and in all the commotion she sat right by my feet and never moved. She loves to ride and loves ice cream. I hope you get another kitty Debi. I have always had cats and dogs. The plaque for Boots sounds like it is a beautiful tribute for him. Have you had corgis woodspirit.?

All the daffodils I recieved are on Annys grave also and I do sincerly thank you who were kind enough to take the time to give. Blessings

All the daffodils I recieved are on Abbys grave and I do sincerely thank all of you who took the time to dig mail and share bLESSINGS ON YOUR GARDENS

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.