Ipomoea Acuminata

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

I really like this vine. Such a pretty blue and blues are so hard to find.

Thumbnail by Brugie
Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

It's so blue!! Wow!!

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

I;'ve heard of this M.G. Is this the one that supposed to be invasive in California? Would love to have seeds for this one. It's beautiful! Nice job.

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Buttoneer, I don't think this one will produce seeds from what I've read. Has to be rooted from cuttings. I can root some cuttings for you before frost, if you want me to. Please email me if you want them. Takes a while because they don't seem to root well in water and I have to bury a runner.

Chipley, FL(Zone 8a)

Shirley, I'm waving my hand here!! Can we just tack this onto the stuff we are trading in the fall??? please!!

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

Brugie - that is an awesome picture. Does the plant put out a lot of bloom for you? The blue is wonderful. Somethin out blue just gets me ooooing & ahhhing :)

Would you be a sweetie and add your photo to the database? http://plantsdatabase.com/go/51653/

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

that is so blue,oppps I mean cool!

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Got it written down Dee. Hope you remember what else I'm supposed to send you besides the Coral Glow. I've only started a few passifloras and I can't find the tags in all the mess (jungle) around them.

Sue, it blooms a lot, but would look better if trained on a small trellis. I let it run down the grape arbor and it is all over everyplace. Has nice clusters of bloom buds. Actually just started blooming well the last couple of days.

Another gorgeous plant Brugie. I'd love to see your garden, it must be wonderful right now.

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Actually Jeanne, it looks like heck. The cottonwood leaves are coming down now and there are dried leaves all over the already dead looking lawn. We did finally get over 2 inches of rain last night, so things might start looking up.

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

I pulled a bunch of these vines that had rooted to the ground. Give me a week or two with them to be sure they are going to live and then I'll have them for whomever needs one.

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

Brugie - have seen the one in the Logee's catalog that's trained as a standard? http://www.logees.com/store/prodinfo.asp?number=R1952-4&variation=&aitem=3&mitem=11

I wonder how hard that would be.

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Boy Sue, as many runners as this thing throws, I think you would be out there every day trying to wrap them or cut them off. That is a great picture isn't it? The Logee's catalog is why I just had to have this plant. Well, now I have two of them growing, but I loved the color so much I thought I better go with two of them.

I do have to say that last winter, it was an every two day job to keep mine out of the mini blinds at the kitchen table. It is a fast grower.

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

wow,how'd they do that?

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Karyn, I'm sure they have a topiary frame made with at least a couple of circles of copper tubing attached to the post part. Then they have those experts that know exactly how to start wrapping the plant. I'm sure anyone could do it if they had the time to mess with it. My grape arbor worked for me.

Milo, IA(Zone 5a)

Brugie: Such a true Blue. Wonderful!!!

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

Brugie, will you have an extra in the fall?

Lima, OH(Zone 5a)

WOW! Now that's blue! Beautiful!

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Bonnie, when I send your other stuff, I'll include a rooted start or two of this one. Okay?

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

wonderful! thank you so much. hope to have something nice for you, need to get them started!!

Kentwood, LA(Zone 8b)

Brugie, If you have a cull left I would love to swap for it.

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

I'll have to see how they hold up after pulling the roots up from the ground, so Busybee, please email me in a couple of weeks so I don't forget you.

Shirley

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.