Bank Holiday

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

11.30 in the morning here in sunny Virginia and really surprised that nobody has posted this morning and then I thought about it. Of course, it's the long weekend for you in the UK. I do hope the weather is kind for you all wherever your trips take you. I had mail from my brother in Suffolk. He and his wife are going to London and will be dropping into Gary Rhodes' restaurant. Wonder why he and I are so different!! Had a couple of really busy days packing and have a horrid stiff neck hence my absence on the chat yesterday. I'm still not excited about our imminent move - never am, until the last moment. Hope you are all having a great day - wherever you happen to be :-)

Macclesfield, CHESHIRE(Zone 8a)

Thanks for your good wishes for fine weather this holiday but you must know from your brother in Suffolk it ALWAYS, ALWAYS rains (or snows) on UK Bank Holidays; even the book makers have stopped taking bets !!

El Tel

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

afternoon all from the sunny south..Louisa I missed you yesteday! :) Where is Patty? Hey ya'll across the big pond... Daisy? Alan? Jo? Mark? etc..... ?? I hope everyone is having a great day,see ya'll around. Lisa

no louisa memorys failing you lollollollol
no bank hol this weekend one at the end of this month i think oldtime whitsun

Hello Louisa,bank hollidays are all the same to me, but a BH is a BH, so it will most likely rain, normaly does, itsbeen a very sunny day to day, not a cloud in the sky, but the winds still on the keen side, still its nice enough to be out side in the garden and thats what counts, see you later.

Wigan, Landcashire, United Kingdom

Yes it is a BH on monday-its the first monday in May-thats classed as May-day, but i am working tomorrow, just as our weather is getting better, it was okay today half sun half cloud but the main thing is it is dry.

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom

Yes, it's a Bank Holiday this weekend. Not that it feels like it. My Monday night evening class has been switched to Friday but I'm busy working on an comutping assignment (a webpage) and I have computing exams before too long so I'm going to be fixed in front of the computer.
Haven't done my tubs yet but I think it'll have to wait another weekend. I've got my hardy annuals in though - or at least most of them. My local shops are starting to stock bedding plants now.

Antrim, Northern Ire, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

hi there Justme

I'll be working hard getting the last of my seeds planted and plug plants potted up. I'm about 2 days behind with more plugs arriving everyday. This weekend i'll be out from early to late and I still have to find time to go swap some Anemone nemerosa cultivars with a fellow plantaholic AND sort out some hardy osteospermum cuttings for a girl in MI, USA. at least we are now up to 15 hours daylight now.

Mark

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.