Double Blue Clitoria

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

I just love this shade of blue. These are doing great in the ground. I've rooted cuttings from them.

Thumbnail by Calalily
Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Always just rubbing my face in the fact you have a warmer zone than me! Guess the greenhouses don't hurt either. LMBO Beautiful! Keep on growin'!

BS, want me to send you one?

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

My double blue didn't make it, but I have white and blue singles that have made seed pods. Just don't know which is which. Guess we call that a mix, right? :-)

(Zone 5a)

Cala just about the time I think I have seen every flower you have, I find another one more beautiful than the last one. If I tried to post to all of them I would sound like a broken record, so just know that I love them allllll lol.

It's okay Wind. If you see something you want, just LMK and I'll try, lol.
Brugie, I can root you a cutting of this. I have some rooted, but they could be either white or double blue. Or I can save you a seed pod.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

We are hopeless Windsurfer, huh? LOL Cala I totally appreciate the offer and you are always so generous! I think I will forget planting much else this year though. Maybe you can save me some seeds? ;)

BS, I can do that, there are several pods. I prefer cuttings. I'm terrible with seed, but know you're great with them.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Thank you so much!!

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

I would love to have too if you still have. It is so beautiful shade of BLUE and never see this one.

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Susie, just save me a pod if you think about it. No big deal, but the double blue is really pretty.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

they are real easy from seed. I've grown them two years now.

(Zone 5a)

Cala your so sweet and I thank you for your kind offer but I am so greedy and want them all lol. I am planing to move this fall but I have to wait and see what happens.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

cala if you take cuttings of this id luv one! its so pretty!
i luv blue flowers!

Hamilton, Canada

Cala,
Such an intense rich blue color. Its beautiful.

OK, the cuttings are rooting, one problem, I took both blue and white(yes, I know that's a no-no, but I ran out of room) and stuck them in the same pot. I'll start some more tomorrow of just the blue. I also have green pods, not ripe.

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Cala, please take a look at mine, if you haven't --http://davesgarden.com/s/309039.html

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Cala, please have a look at mine, if you haven't.
http://davesgarden.com/s/309039.html

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Dinu, I peeked also and loved it!

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Cala, you don't have to save seeds for me. Dinu sent me some and I just noticed that there are "doubles" and single blue seeds in the envelope. Thanks Dinu. I appreciate the seeds a bunch.

OK Brugie, if you still need some later on, let me know.

Catoosa, OK(Zone 7a)

OH, Calalily, Do you have any extra cuttings not spoken for? I would love to have some. Do you keep them in the gh over the winter or are they cold hardy? It is so pretty. PLMK.

I have a cutting, not sure what color it is. I took some blue ones the other day, it will be a couple of weeks before they're rooted. It's a tropical plant, I bring them in or save the seeds. They will bloom the first year from seed.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

This message was edited Tuesday, Aug 27th 11:00 PM

Hamilton, Canada

The seeds are so small how do you nick them? I would like to try the double blue from seeds.

Joydie, I just soak them overnight in water, works for me.

Hamilton, Canada

Ok thanks Cala.

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Perhaps it is one of the easiest to grow here in the tropical region. They have this ability of reseeding itself. The dry seedpods twist open and disperse the seeds. These seeds if not disturbed grow easily. There are many little ones underneath the mother plant and their number is so many that I need to pull the unwanted ones out. Soaking the seed may help. The seed can be pushed in the soil about a centimeter or so will work. But I think it needs some warmth to germinate. The blooms appear in about 2 months.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.