If You're From Kentucky

Richmond, KY(Zone 6b)

Several of us (Melody Rose, Gary Perkins, and myself, primarily) have been thinking about starting a seed saving organization just for Kentuckians. There are a lot of gardeners in the Blue Grass state who are into collecting and growing heirlooms. But we have no formal way of communicating what we’re doing, sharing tips and techniques for our growing conditions, and so forth.

So, if you’re in Kentucky, and might be interested, please contact me off-list at BrookBarb@aol.com.

Spicewood, TX(Zone 8b)

Hey, Brook ~ you can find a list of all the members from Kentucky, subscribed and non-subscribed, in the member's lists now. It takes a bit of time, but you can cut and paste this same message into e-mails to all of them if you'd like. Eyes of Texas and I just did this for the RoundUp ~ Texas and all surrounding states ~ and it didn't take as long as one may think. Just a hopefully helpful hint...

Richmond, KY(Zone 6b)

I knew that, Wingnut. But I didn't want anybody getting the idea I was spamming the list.

This is a different situation then what you had. For you, sending that email was a DG thing. But what we're doing is only periferally related.

I figure that by just announcing it, anybody interested could contact me. And those that aren't interested wouldn't be bothered.

Thanks for thinking about me, though.

Spicewood, TX(Zone 8b)

Ahh, I didn't think of the spam angle. I, for one, wouldn't mind getting an unsolicited e-mail concerning this, but I can see where others might. Your welcome anyway!

(Zone 6a)

Hey Brook.....did you ever hear of anyone from Kentucky ever amounting to anything? LOL j/k (I know one)

Owen

Richmond, KY(Zone 6b)

Owen,

What makes y'all think any of us aspire to amount to sumpin?

(Zone 6a)

hmmmm never thought of it that way Brook:)
of course, us hillbillies don't think too well at the best of times:) LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.