Greenhouse idea!

Port Huron, MI(Zone 5b)

In my backyard I have a 5'x10' dog kennel, that was here when I moved in and never used. My girlfriend suggested that I but some heavy duty plastic and cover it to make a greenhouse. She figured that I could get hooks to attach to the chainlink sides to support shelves. The top of this is about 6 ft and I am 5'7" so can easily walk in. Any ideas...sure would be an inexpensive way to have a first greenhouse ..if it is realistic.

If the frame is still ok, go for it, sounds good to me.

Milo, IA(Zone 5a)

It would work. I use mine as shade house to temper off the plants before setting out into the gardens. Have card tables, a picnic table and picnic benches in it to hold the flats of plants. It is 12x12 ft. We put an old skylight bubble over have of the top, 2 autumn clematis vines on the south, on the north and east ends are old privacy fence sections 6ft. each way, the west end is the open chainlink panels.

Sanbornton, NH(Zone 4a)

Wal-mart has rolls of clear vinyl in 4 and 6 mil. Leave plenty of openable "windows" for ventlation as smaller greenhouses heat up ( and cool down ) fast. I use 55 gallon water barrels to support the benches and moderate the temps
But I still have to watch the temps. Have fun

This message was edited Sunday, Apr 29th 6:24 AM

Port Huron, MI(Zone 5b)

Thanks so much..it's a go

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.