Contorted Hazlenut Tree?

I saw one in a cataloge and was interested if any one knows anything about them. I would love to buy one but I really dont want to buy one if they are difficult to grow. I have never seen one therefore I am somewhat suspicious that it may be a very difficult tree to grow.
As long as I am here.... any one know about Weeping Pussy Willow?
Thanks
Janice

[ Removed by member request. - Admin ]

(Zone 8a)

I have a small plant that I need to get into the ground, but haven't decided where to place it. Our property is wooded ridgetop, silty clay, dry in summer. I'm wondering if I should plant it in under the trees, at the edge??? I'm concerned about summer water and root competition, also part shade. I could sure use some advice from those who have grown it. I'm zone 8 Oregon.

Thanks,
Dew

Schenevus, NY

i bought a Harry Lauder walking stick. I really wanted this after i has deen it in a mag. Paid 35 for a 2' tall thing. planted it. the leaves look a little like grape leaves adn the japaneese beetles really like them. I moved it last yr so i could look at it in the winter(thats the best time as the leaves are gone. its on the way to the compost bin and outside my computer window. its about 3 feet tall now and doing well. well worth it.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.