well its 7am and i have been up all night again

Brooklet, GA(Zone 8a)

so what else is new. lately i just can't seem to sleep for the pain in my legs. the nerve damage from the diabetes is getting worse and nothing helps it. anyone else with this. what helps yours to let you rest?
since i am up i think i will go out into the yard for a few hours before trying to sleep again. at least it is cooler right now. if nothing else i can ride the rider and cut the grass.

hope you all have a good day

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Have you tried taking Valarian, Meletonion, or calcium? Mybe all three. These are all natural products available over the counter in most stores that sell suppliments.
There is also a product called Quinine Sulfate which you will have to ASK your local pharmasist for but doesn't require a prescription(at least it didn't the last time we got some)which is used to relieve muscle spasms in the legs.
I hope this helps you get some rest. Its sounds as tho you are really having sleep/;rest problems.

markleysburg, PA(Zone 5a)

Janet hope your dy has been a better one and you havent overdone yourself without resting in this heat and no sleep. shirley

Maben, MS(Zone 7b)

I think Quineine has been taken off the market.

Mansfield, MO(Zone 6a)

If you want to try the quinine in a lesser and safer form. Get some tonic water. It has just a little bit of it and helps for spasms. But for the kind of pain you have with diabetes it may not help. It is also very bad for the liver. But in the small amount in the tonic water it may be safe. Just to be sure check with your doctor. Another thing that might work for you is a medication called amitriptlyn. It was originally made as an antidepressant, but they have found that with much smaller doses (10 mg.), people with chronic pain can stand the pain better. My sister in law was able to put off having her hip replaced for 5 years by using it. I also know people who have arthritis and fibro that use it with success. Worth asking the doctor about. Will be praying for you.

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

I can vouch that valerian works great to help you relax and fall asleep easier, and to sleep through the night, too. At first I bought Aluna, but then I saw that basically all it contains is valerian root extract, hops extract, and inert ingredients. It is scads cheaper just buying the valerian!

markleysburg, PA(Zone 5a)

Janet has had a fall-nothing broken but she needs to rest for a few days the Doctor said Lets lift heer up in prayer all day today Shirley

montgomery, AL(Zone 7b)

You can still get Quinine Sulfate but now requires a perscription. I just called pharmacy.
Sugar

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.