Double Blue Picotee MG is blooming

Cullman, AL(Zone 7a)

Got up this morning and had double blue picotee blooms. I just love them.

Thumbnail by ArtyMiss
(Zone 8a)

Those are gorgeous! You gonna enter them in the contest?

Lima, OH(Zone 5a)

You'd better enter those.

Cullman, AL(Zone 7a)

Okay I Did:)
I think these will go on my fence next year. I'd love to have a 50 foot glorious double blooming hedge!! Now, if I can just find some red doubles....LOL!!!!

(Zone 8a)

Mine were supposed to be doubles but turned out single!LOL I had the blue and pink and also had a lavender too! A cross of the them together I guess!

Cullman, AL(Zone 7a)

Oh wow, bet that was gorgeous!! I hope to get enough seeds off these to cover the aforementioned fence for next year. THis is my first year for these and I was taken back by the deep blue color.
I had the mini sky blue's first bloom this morning too. I am anxious to see how if behaves the remainder of the season.

Just waiting on those Kikyo...and Chocolate....and too many others to list

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

I love that one. Will be growing it next year along with every other one that I've fallen for. Geez, may have to totally get rid of the grape vines. Morning Glories are so much more fun to look at...Great picture.

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

Oh my so beautiful never see like that. I love it that color is BLUE!

Cullman, AL(Zone 7a)

1:00 pm and they're still wide open...I didn't know they would last that long.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

where did you get your seed?

Cullman, AL(Zone 7a)

Bought them on EBay last year

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

duh! never thought of ebay!!!!

Cullman, AL(Zone 7a)

Got them from seller "Mikamoki". Eveything I get from her germinates well and grows beautifully. She has more for bid right now... I think she used to have the double red but I can't find them listed anymore

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

LOL! just got back from ebay. shouldn't have, but I bid on some. I have bought seeds from mikamoki before, but the other seller had 20 seeds not 10, and I've bought from her too. Y'all don't bid against me, pleasssssssseee!! I'm justplainbonnie:)

Cullman, AL(Zone 7a)

Oh....is that the Sandyv63??? I have bought seeds from her too and they are good!!! I have a love hate relationship with eBay. I "love" to bid and "hate" to let go of that moola...but then I "love" to get those packages in the mail!!!

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

LOL!!! you sound just like me!

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

hey AM, where is Cullman?

Cullman, AL(Zone 7a)

Cullman is North central Alabama...about 50 miles North of B'ham...very laid back and relaxed...oh and HOT!!!

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

we're not that far away. I'm in Newnan GA, 40 miles over the line. ain't it hot though????

Cullman, AL(Zone 7a)

It is HOT!! DH is from Michigan and I keep telling him that Zone 7 is a "Subtopical Climate" so I can get away with buying tropicals as well as others!! LOL!!

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

It's a beauty!!

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Okay, I've never done it before, so tiG, would you send me an email explaining what I have to do to get to Ebay and do some serious buying? I've never been there before. No, I won't bid against you either.

S.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

I'll put it here if you don't mind. that way I might not have to write it twice and someone else can see if I left out vital info.
go to www.ebay.com
in the search box on the top right, I typed in " double blue picotee" because I knew exactly what I wanted this time. it brought up the list of these seeds. There were maybe 20 auctions of double blue picotee MG seeds. half were one sellers, half the others. So I picked an auction, it opens up a new page. There is a starting bid (on the right) and tells if there are already any bids on it or not. if there are, I go back and find one of the same that no one has bid on, so I'm not driving the price up on myself. when you decide you want to place a bid (check out their feedback (click on the numbers next to their name) (you might open a new page while reading this so you can maybe see what I'm saying in my dumb way)
To enter a bid, scroll down and you'll see the box. For seeds, I would never bid more than the opening bid unless it was rare, I had to have them now, or I thought I'd never get the chance again. Seeds always come back up for auction.
then on the next page it will ask you if you really want to, really easy to follow. Can't remember if you have to register to bid, I don't think so, but I've been there so long, I don't know now.
if you want to look at *all* the seeds on ebay, go to www.ebay.com and on that front page, you'll see categories. Be prepared to get hooked at first, it's exciting and cheap and almost everyone winds up getting hooked at least a day or a week. it wears off after while:)
I know there's so much more to it than that, but just go have a look around, and don't be shy about asking. One thing before you bid, always check the feedback on a seller. If they have a lot of negatives, be careful. Any one can get mad and post a bad feedback, but a lot is a sign of trouble.

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

Would you like to swap some seeds? I would love to have a couple seeds from this morning glory. Thanks.

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Thanks tiG for the information. I think I better print this off. Too much for me to soak up in one reading.

Cullman, AL(Zone 7a)

Buttoneer, I will be happy to swap some seeds this fall. Right now, it has just begun blooming so now it'll be a little while before I get seeds. Remind me!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.