Medicaare Yippee

markleysburg, PA(Zone 5a)

Got my medicare card today-good Nov 1st. I have needed medical care for some things for so long and it will be so good to have it available. I know it wont cover everything but after years of no insurance I have a list made up/

Maben, MS(Zone 7b)

Good news.

Hamilton, Canada

Shirley,

Thank goodness you can now get your much need medical attention. We are so priviledged here in Canada to have medical care for everyone.

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Hey, that's great, Shirley. Gonna have the engine overhauled, huh? ;)

Joydie - do you have to wait long for appointments because of that? I've heard those against nationalized healthcare plans say that's an issue, but I've never spoken to someone who actually has it.

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Shirley, that's great! I'm so glad you are going to get medical care. I'm happy for you!

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Marclay, I'm so glad you will be getting help now. I just found out last week that I now qualify for Medicaid since the rules changed on July 1st. I had to wait 2 years after I was granted disability to get Medicare. How long did you have to wait?

Hi There Never got any disability just now getting my medicare-have been drawing on my late husband for four years now, Sometimes there are delays in getting things processed. I had 25 dollars more income from SS than I wS ALLOWED IN pa FOR medicaid card so have had no insurance at all for about ten years. Thank God Ive not been ill except for my joints and my hi blood pressure which my daughter who is a nurse gets her doctor friend to give me needed samples to keep me going. Shirley

Brooklet, GA(Zone 8a)

so happy for you, you really deserve it. you are a very special person.

Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

Marclay, same kind of situation with us, I made 50 dollars a month too much for my son to qualify for the medicaid card when I applied 13 years ago. We were paying close to 1000 a month in physical therapy and medical bills at that time - it broke us something awful.....
I'm so happy to hear that you have finally gotten it.

Pepple It is a shame what happens to the working poor and elderly when it comes to medical treatment and costs. The government keeps talking but little gets done on a state level or otherwise In PA at least we have the PACE program to help with drug costs for seniors. The lottery funds in PA are allocated entirely for senior citizens programs which has brought some positive changes over the years including ruyral transportation c enters and some other things, As a medic I once took a young woman into the ER who was probably in labor-she hadnt seen a physician before had no insurance and they told me to load her up and take her back home. A sin. Shirley

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Doing the happy dance for you only in mind or I wouldn't be able to get out of bed. :)

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Medical care should be available to EVERYONE! Glad your Medicare card came through for your "winter overhaul" and "spring tune-ups" :~)

cape may court house, NJ(Zone 6a)

his is late but, here goes.
wish, I lived in Canada. My medication bills are out of sight.

I believe in socialized medicine.
I was in england for crufts dog show. while walking the st. a cinder got into my eye , they were cleaning bldgs. (unheard of here) to make it short a delightful women saw my.
friends trying to help get whatever was in my eye out.
(all medical people!!!)she took my hand and led me to an eye man . he spent two hrs with me. gave me meds. his home phone # name of his hosp. . The price $3.00

Glad you shared that story. MIne wasnt really as good I had a heart attack on Sept 19 followed the next day by a quadruple bypass and 28 days in the hospital-half in intensive care. My medicare card started on NOv 1st.six weeks later. My bills were 130000 and I made three dollars to much on SS to get a regular medicaid card in PA. Talk about falling between the cracks.

Mason, MI(Zone 5b)

76summerwind's
We should move to Canada. My daughter has cerebral palsy and in a wheelchair. She is a quadriplegic. She went into the hospital for a surgery 2 years ago. The doc was installing a feeding tube and also a stomach wrap. My daughter ended up with 7 different operating room infections. Her lung had collapsed and she was in ICU for 5 weeks. We almost lost her. Her bills exceeded Shirley’s and crippled children’s covered them all. We were so lucky to have our daughter pull through. Now we are being told when our daughter reaches the age of 21 we loose all of her doctors and will have to find new ones that accept Medicare/Medicaid. I have checked into the doctors that take those programs and they are far a few between. My daughter has had numerous radical bone surgeries that most doctors have never seen before. Hip reconstruction and so on. My fear is that we will not find a doctor qualified for the intense care that my daughter will be in need of. Man what a dilemma.

Watervliet, NY

Glad to hear you will be finally taken care of! Makes me sick to think of all the money they are now wasting on space projects with so many folks suffering. WHY?????? I get so upset with reality or should I say the reality others are ignoring! I have Medicare and wish they would pay for my scripts.

Lincoln City, OR(Zone 9a)

I hope that medicare will pay for scripts before I get to the age when I have to pay for my own. Gad, I can't afford me!!!

Kenbridge, VA(Zone 7b)

Husband on SSD can't get any medicaid and he's too young for medicare.

Bad heart his scripts were several hundred a month. Went to Canadapharmacy.com

He gets meds for 3 months at a time for what it costs for a little over a month here.

He has a bad heart. Insurance from his work ran out a year ago. Insurance from when I was able to work wouldn't accept him for a year. Catch 22.

Am studying herbal medicines. There are actually clinical trials of some herbs now with dosages ect.

Prior to Y2K homesteading people were studying field medicine and we all found some alternatives that were inexpensive. The info is out there, ya just have to search for it.

Steph

I am lucky enuf to be a senior citizen in Pennsylvania who when they instituted their lottery years ago designated all the many funds to go to seniors. One of the best things is their PACE program which allows you to get any generic prescription for 6 dollars and a name brand for 9 dollars any number of meds ata time once every 30 days. I couldnt afford the Zocor alone. The Medicare has now paid for two lens implants (I was almost blind in one eye) and now have an infection in the one eye and thye are picking up the treatment for it. So I thank God I realize some others l;ive in states where it is more difficult.

Maben, MS(Zone 7b)

When I was working didn't think much about drug bills because we had insurance. Now I only have medicare and supplement ins and everyone knows that means all meds come out of my pocket, I take two meds a month and one is $75 and the other $100. Now I understand why some people do get their meds from Canada and Mexico. I know lots of senior citizens can't buy the meds they need.

Yes i see folks who are under 65 who have a horrible time with meds bills. I sympathize with all of them and couldnt begin to pay 175 a month out for meds.

Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

I have medicare and a supplemental insurance and my meds cost me $300 a month after insurance. It's bad when you're too poor to live. LOL We need a government that looks after their own.

San Jacinto County, TX(Zone 8a)

This is my first time here.

I am 69 and a Vet!
Broke my back in 1977.
Many years I wondered how I could make it

Disabled know the heart aches.
Finally in 1990 through the DAV I got a check going.

My Point:
[Disabled American Veterans]
(the organization)
Can help a vet or his spouse!

I discharged from the military in 1956.

This is only a thought for those that might be in my situation.

Hi Chavel. My husband was with the 82nd airborne in WWII. He died in the VA hospital in 1982. If my incocme ever falls below 333 a month which it wont unless Medicare goes broke I will be eligible for a combat veteran widows pension. I would never have known that if a nice man who was the unit clerk in the VA hospital wouldnt have told me when my husband died. The government didnt. Welcome and glad you got help thru the DAV. My dad was a WWI combat vet and never had a pension that he could live on.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.