Wild Morning Glory.

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

Is this the dreaded BINDWEED??

Thumbnail by poppysue
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

poppy i got moonvine seeds-big white i planted and thats whats blooming!!! do i need to pull it???? its going over the arch really nice

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

http://www.fhsu.edu/biology/ranpers/fspp/fred1/bindweed,field2.jpg
big file, but the picture looks just like what you have.
the name of this file is bindweed, do an image.google.com search

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

It does look like THE bindweed (convolvulus arvensis). This is not in my yard but in the ditch at the end of our street. I don't know what to tell you NotMartha. Your vine may turn out to be a big problem in the future. I think it's the seeds that it drops that are such a pain. Maybe someone that knows more about it will fill us in.

I was thinking maybe I'd try to cross this pollen with some of my other glories and see what happens. Just for fun....

(Zone 8a)

Poppy...looks like it is bindweed! I would be grateful to you if you could snatch me a few seeds for sase! Would you please?

Notmartha...if they bloom in the evening, they are moonvine! I grow these every year and I pick the seeds to keep them from taking over! The seedpods get huge so you should be able to get them all!

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

YES, it is bindweed. I also have it my garden and it is trying to entangle itself in the veggie garden and on the berries I have growing along the fence. I have to be VERY diligent and pull it out daily, otherwise it will flower and go to seed, and then you will have it everywhere!

(Zone 8a)

I still want some! PLEASE!

Birmingham, United Kingdom

That is Calystegia sepium ssp. americana from the shape of the sepals, it spreads by rhizomes. Oddly enough I saw it growing in Malta?!

Zephyrhills, FL

That is pretty. I want seeds too. I can send you some gray Japanese morning glory seeds in exchange. Good luck on the crossing.

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Ransom it appears Rareseedman is no longer a subscriber at Daves Garden,.

Zephyrhills, FL

If that's a weed , let it in my yard because that is really pretty.

Zephyrhills, FL

I think it it is Calystegia sepium. I'd rather have that than marigolds for sure.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

me too! I want some really bad, can't seem to find any here, but found some in buffalo, NY a couple years ago..

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.