Mex. Flame vine seeds.?

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

My Mexican Flame Vine (Senecio confusus) had some flowers. I have collected many seeds. Can we start new plants from these seeds? I'm new to this plant. How is this plant multiplied?

Camilla, GA(Zone 8a)

I have never had any seeds to germinate..Nor do they re-seed anywhere, but cuttings are very easy..
Larkie

Georgetown, TX(Zone 8a)

I have tried the seeds, and agree with Larkie, they aren't viable or require something I didn't provide.

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

May be for that reason it is not found everywhere! I'll try out with cuttings when the plant is mature enough. The seeds are somewhat like gerbera seeds and the same holds good for these plants too - they don't easily reseed itself. Thanks friends.

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

The seeds are sterile, not viable. Cuttings are easy, the vine will sometimes send out roots where it touches the trellis or ground.

Georgetown, TX(Zone 8a)

Cala, do you cut yours back and take it inside for the winter?

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

Aimee, yes, that's what I do. I also take tip cuttings. Watch for aphids when you bring them in.

Livermore, CA(Zone 9a)

I have really been disappointed in my Mexican Flame vine this year. Of course our weather may have alot to do with it. It looks healty, but I have only had too blooms. We will have day's in the 80-high 90's then drop down in the mid 70's for a few day's and then shoot up to 90 and above again. We even had a couple of day's that we above 110 so far this summer. My Chilean glory vine went to seed when the tempretures hit 111.

Patricia

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

I'm digging up this old thread of mine after 13 long years. Recently, I have found that a friend's vine in Mexico is able to germinate! The seeds fall and some seedlings were found.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.