my variegated MG

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

has doubled in size since the roundup. two plants in this pot, one from Dee and one from Cala.

Thumbnail by tiG
Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

I haven't kept up on the whole thread about this plant. Have you guys found out what species it is?

Ewing, KY(Zone 6a)

Ok I said there wasn't anything I wanted I think I need that . lol That's beautiful!

(Zone 8a)

That is a pretty color! I have one that is a rose color with white throat and blooms are about 5 ins across...they are gorgeous!

The only bad thing about the varigated is they bloom too few at a time!

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Pretty MG Bonnie. I'm still waiting on most of mine to get started blooming. A great friend sent me a double red picotee, blue silk and one other one and I can't remember the name right now. They will be gorgeous, I'm sure. My blue and yellow haven't bloomed yet as well as three or four other kinds. The only ones that have bloomed are the variegated bush and Grandpa Ott's and he is pretty skinny looking. I think I needed a trellis on the variegated bush too, as it appears to be vining some. Who knows!! Will just take em as they come. Great picture. Love the bright color and the trellis. I'm still going to get some of these made.

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

Oh tiG, that's beautiful

North Vancouver, BC(Zone 8a)

hey, I found the name of the variegated one Ipomea Purpurea. E.

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

thanks brugie!!!

Chipley, FL(Zone 8a)

Hey tiG, now that is odd, mine bloomed the other day and the color was a deep rose not purple like this one. Where did you place it. Can't quite make out where it is in the garden.

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

The foliage of some of my 'Tye Dye' MGs is variegated. They haven't bloomed yet. Also have variegated leaves on the 'Minibar Rose'.... no blooms on her either.

Chipley, FL(Zone 8a)

Poppysue,

What Cala, tiG and I have is the Minibar Rose. That is what the picture of this one is supposed to be, but my flower isn't that color.

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

OH!! I didn't know ... thanks for filling me in, duh!! How about Brugies?? That one is supposed to be a bush?

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

poppysue.....that is what confused me......I thought the variegated were bushes so I bought some and initally they did look like a bush. But then they put out climber branches........... now I have to scamble for skinny trellises! It is all Brugies fault............... she made me want what she had...........

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

Dee, this is in the triangle bed right near the front door, with that purple ball hanging on the hook. That's what it's growing up. And funny, when I saw it said minibar rose, I assumed it would be a rose color too. Still pretty, and the other one in the same pot might have a different color flower, it hasn't bloomed yet.

Kentwood, LA(Zone 8b)

Very pretty. I love the varigated folage.

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Sorry Kell, but the one I gave Renee is still a small mound and she says loaded every day with bloom. Mine isn't blooming much at all and now has a runner straight out from the plant on the ground. Not even attempting to climb. I don't know what I have. Just going by what the trade package said. I have another one that was labeled bush MG and it is straight up about 4 ft like a sunflower, but no signs of it doing anything else.

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Brugie, no other name but bush mg?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.