this is its 3 rd summer.

Sharpsville, PA(Zone 5a)

Thought this would grow faster some how. Its not very tall at all. It would of been prettier. We were staining the fence today. thats over spray on it. :( Oh well.

Thumbnail by mingsmimi
St. Thomas, ON(Zone 5b)

Pretty flowers, the last house I lived at had that same Hydrangea and for the first two summers I had no flowers. I had been using Miracle Grow Acid fertilizer for my Holly and it said it was also good for Hydrangeas, so I tried it and managed to get one flower,I have since moved so I don't know how it is this year. I agree with you that it's a slow grower, it never seem to get very high.

Western, PA(Zone 6a)

For some reason Hydrangeas need 3 or 4 years for the roots to establish. Until then, sporadic blooms and dehydration of the leaves. I cut off the bloom of a H. quercifolia when it was first planted and used a fertilizer high in P hoping to encourage root growth.

Sharpsville, PA(Zone 5a)

Well, I have 2 Blue wave in the front of the house. Not a bud! beautiful leaves mind you. No blooms. I have 2 merritt supreme in between the nikkos. Not a bud. lol. Same story . different hydrangea! lol. I coudl cry! i wanted nice BIG! full blue and red flowers this year! I got a few puffballs. Back to the drawing board.

This message was edited Thursday, Jul 11th 10:22 PM

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Patience my dear friend!! You too will have hydrangeas reaching to the roof tops given time. :-) Just be thankful you have flowers. Mine still have not bloomed!!

Sharpsville, PA(Zone 5a)

so, maybe 3 plants out of 8 with blooms is a good thing then?

Bay City, MI(Zone 5a)

i have one hydrangea that is 4 yrs. old. the last 2 yrs. it has had 2 blooms of white. now this year i have about 5 blooms all frilly and pink!!!! i would like to dig it up after it is done blooming(in the fall), and plant it at my other house, does anyone have any suggestions to make the transition a little easier?

Sharpsville, PA(Zone 5a)

get a big strong burley man to do it for you! or use a blanket to slide it on .

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.