Corkscrew flower

Highland Park, IL(Zone 5a)

Mine looks a little diff. than Dave's. Must be a diff. type.

Thumbnail by Justaysam
Kentwood, LA(Zone 8b)

It is very beautiful. Does it smell strong too?

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

do you have the botanical name? there was talk last year that the snail vine and corkscrew were the same, but with different names. We're trying to figure out if that's true.

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

That is WAY different than mine. I would love to get a start of that one. WOW, beautiful.

Highland Park, IL(Zone 5a)

tiG, I ordered it as PHASEOLUS CARACALLA, from Logee.

So it IS different from vigna caracalla?

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

cool, cause I'm supposed to have one of each!

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

This one is the snail vine. I have them both and they are definitely different. This one blooms quicker than the corkscrew vine does too. No smell to this one, but it is pretty and waxy looking. Calla, I'll try to figure out how to get a start of this one for you. Maybe just sticking a runner under ground would work. Don't let me forget. Have a lot going on right now, but I'd like to do that for you.

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

WOW so beautiful look silky skin liliac color beautiful.

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

that is too cool!

I'm trying to root the cuttings from Justaysam, she send me some. They traveled very good, weren't wilted at all. I'll let you know how it goes.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

mine bloomed!!! right at the ground. I'm so excited, and it's beautiful.

Chipley, FL(Zone 8a)

Susie,

I have some already rooted if you need some. Let me know.

You can see the similarities, but this is definitely different from my corkscrew. Very very beautiful!

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

Where is a picture of Dave's? I have one blooming just like the one on this post that I got from tiG at the swap. It is growing like crazy! tiG, thanks for sharing! Am also awaiting a bloom on the triple yellow Datura I got from none other than tiG! I think I owe her something, hmmm, wonder what she wants?

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

honey chile! I took more of your plants than anyone!!! *reminds me, I have to get out there and start those cuttings!!* where has the time gone?

TiG, you have this? How did I miss snagging a piece when I came to visit, lol? I've got to get to work this morning and take cuttings too. The man at the tropical nursery that we discovered in Cookeville said July is perfect for starting tropicals. Just stick them and keep misted. He even told me how to root my jasmines and it shouldnt' take 6 months, lol.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

This is the kind i have too. I just luv them! Id like to get the kind dave has also!

Franktown, CO(Zone 5a)

Calla, can you tell me how to root jasmines? My SIL has one and I've had no luck with cuttings! Thanks.

Deanne
I root most vines the same way, semi hard new growth, dip in root hormone(I like the liquid kind) and stick in vermiculite. Dee has been using the watersorb. If you mist them frequently they seem to do better.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

Cala, I'll start you one tonight. :) heading that way now.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.