Unusual mg!

(Zone 8a)

Anybody know what this one is? I grew a mix of mg's and these were in it!

Cheers,
Rebecca

Thumbnail by imaseedpicker
Cullman, AL(Zone 7a)

I don't know but it sure is pretty!!

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Rebecca, I'm like ArtyMiss. I don't know, but I like it. Wanted to let you know that my yellow is growing really well. Vining a lot, but no sign of buds yet. It is in full sun and loving it. Can't wait to see some of mine, besides Grandpa Otts, in bloom.

(Zone 8a)

Brugie...my yellow took 5 months to bloom last year and finally bloomed the day of our first big frost and vined like crazy but bloomed at top of trellis of 8 ft...maybe yours will bloom faster because you are in a cooler climate than Al...

Keep me posted!
Rebecca

Sharpsville, PA(Zone 5a)

I have some seds called Tye dye. maybe that them. ???

(Zone 8a)

Hey mings,

Nope not tye dye...they have streakes on them!

North Vancouver, BC(Zone 8a)

Mt Fuji???? Elaine

What a pretty flower and unusual. Looks like it couldn't make up it's mind on what color it wanted to be and just got confused.

Those of you with yellow morning glories;please put me down for some seeds if you would. I'm not greedy,only would like a few. Thanks.

Kentwood, LA(Zone 8b)

So would I CoCo. Sure hope they make plenty of seed and have some for us too.

Netcong, NJ(Zone 5b)

It looks like one of the 'Dragonfly variants from the 'Kyushu'morning glory files

(Zone 8a)

If I get yellow seeds I will be glad to share but last year when I grew them I got to see one bloom in December and then frost killed it but they were started late because of my sons accident but this year I started them early and expect blooms and maybe seeds too! Keep your fingers crossedXXXXX!

Ron...Do you have any info on these that you can share? Please let me know!

Cheers,
Rebecca

Netcong, NJ(Zone 5b)

I'd be glad to but,it would certainly be helpful to know which yellow(out of the many...)that you are talking about!Do you have a photo of the plant that you can post,or give a good description of the corollas,plant and what the seeds look like?

(Zone 8a)

Ron... I meant the pic "dragonfly' above! The yellows are ipomoea ochracea and someone sent me some that were labeled small yellow mg...They have germinated good and I planted them and are growing like crazy!

N.C. Mts., NC(Zone 6b)

It is very pretty. Do you feed your mg vines anything?

This message was edited Friday, Jun 28th 10:16 PM

North Vancouver, BC(Zone 8a)

I've found that this is a crazy way to bring on bloom and more of it with the Morning Glories.....and that is to snip off some of the longer tendrils, about every week, depending on how much growth there is..and it works..and at the same time give them some 0-10-10(Alaska mor-Bloom), or some water soluable Tomato fertilizer..Elaine

N.C. Mts., NC(Zone 6b)

Thanks 1601, I'll try that.

Netcong, NJ(Zone 5b)

I'll get back to you with the url and what I know about them!The 'Royal Robe'type(called retracted Dragonfly) morning glory is a'close relative'!
I put a link on the "Morning glory War'page that shows some 'retracted dragonfly'types and if you 'scout around'a bit on/from that site,you may find yourself looking around for at least hours if not many days!

This message was edited Wednesday, Jul 10th 3:58 PM

(Zone 8a)

Thanks alot Mr Morning Glory!

Just kidding!
Rebecca

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.