Morning Glory - first bloom :-)

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

This is a japanese glory named Hatsu Arashi. I was surprised to find it had put out a couple of blooms - I haven't even got it in the ground yet. It's still in a geranium pot and the vines only have a couple leaves. The picture is pretty much the true color.

This message was edited Monday, Jun 10th 9:21 AM

Thumbnail by poppysue

those are pretty poppsue. I like the tri-colors like that.

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

WOW beautiful, put me on a list if have seeds. I Love it.

Sharpsville, PA(Zone 5a)

that is SO pretty! WOW!

Dayton, OH(Zone 5a)

PoppySue, I had a white moonflower bloom in its pot, too :) I've transplanted more now. The first three I transplanted in May and of course there was still cold frosts after our frost date. They died almost instantaneously! The others are adjusting a little better, but I read that they don't really like to be translplanted. Do you ever have any problems with that? Any hidden secrets you have for nuturing them? I did give mine a dose of Neptune Seaweed mixture. We'll see how well they do. I've planted them on the treeless treehouse to give it less of a "wood shed" on stilts look. Just transplanted this past week so they need some time I suppose.

Kentwood, LA(Zone 8b)

I really like this flower. Nice photo Poppysue.

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

gorgeous poppysue. i had to read the post, mine are just seedlings outside and i couldn't believe yours were already blooming out there. :) i feel better now that they are in pots. :) i'd like to have some seeds too, if you have some extra.
thanks debi

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

Well - the blooms are spent and all my little glory's have been shivering in their pots outside for the last week. It feels like November here!! I'll certainly save seeds from these if they ever grow up. I've started a dozen different kinds this spring but I have lost several of them too. Some are looking good tho and If it ever warms up enough I'll put them in the ground.

I haven't had any problems transplanting them as long as you leave the root ball intact. Don't try and seperate the roots - just move them from the pot into the ground. MG's really like warm weather and will often sulk until it gets warm enough for them. This cold spring has not been good around here - but I hope they'll take off soon. I see I have a ton of seedlings sprouting from the glories I had last year. If my new seedlings fail I can always count on them.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.