Veggie Garden Happy Dance!!!

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Yes,it's true...I'm actually planting my garden!!

It's only 95* here today with the humidity about the same,but I got my garden turned over...still a touch heavy,but this is about as good as it gets this year.I've still got a couple of wet spots,but most of it is plantable.

I'm in the middle of running my tomato trellises and thought I'd better take an AC break. Ya'll have been so supportive,that I thought you should know first.

I'll start putting tomatoes in here in the next couple of hours and will plant seeds as I get the ground laid out. My tomatoes are suffering terribly and I need to get them in.The Rose Beauty and German Red Strawberry are somewhat smaller,but still are more than ready to set out.

I may miss chat tonight and plant by artificial light if my back holds out!

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

HAH!...As soon as I saw this thread title I knew you were finally planting!!! This is GREAT!! I see you smiling as you typed this!!
Congrats!!! Love it!!!

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

I've given up for the evening..it's just waaay too hot and tomorrow is supposed to be cooler.(s'posed to rain too)But I can't go no more. Things are finally manageable and that was what I was going for today.Everything is sitting on GO for planting tomorrow morning...so I'm going to get a shower and scrub off some of this sweat and crud.I'm blistered too...but I feel GREAT!!!

Melody - I'm so happy for you. I hope it's cooler tomorrow and doesn't rain so you can get more done. I got to hand it to you - 95* - I would be a melted puddle on the back patio.
I was able to get my tomatoes in the garden on Memorial Day weekend. I wasn't really sure I'd ever get it done with all the rain we've had. They seem to be doing very well.
good luck tomorrow.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

mel, so happy for you, I know you've been waiting for this!!

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Can't wait to get up in the morning! The heat was smothering elsie,but I just couldn't walk away from it.

I'm cutting back on varieties because of the late start,but I'll post what I end up with.

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Mel, I'm so glad you finally got to plant the 'maters! I hope yours do better than mine did. Mine are no more :( I planted them, then we hit upper 80's, then back down to the 40's and 50's and I can't find any living matter anymore. Next year I'll do better I hope.

Sending you great tomato vibes for a great harvest!

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Hopefully I'll have seeds again for next year Joan...that's my mission this season.Anything else is just gravy.

Richmond, KY(Zone 6b)

Worst case scenario, Melody, you know we're out here with seed to replace any you've lost.

But I think you'll be alright. You may not get a bumber crop, due to timing and heavy, wet soil. But once they're in the ground they should grow. Mine are doing alright, so far, despite the monsoons and constant wet feet.

Grove City, OH(Zone 6a)

Congrats on your veggie garden! Just make sure you do your happy dance in the path, not in the beds :) Also, try to position yourself over top of the ant hills! Great organic pesticide treatment LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.