Marks Garden Plants.com is sort of back

Antrim, Northern Ire, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

just changing the thread slightly as the home page has the errors fixed. only photo albums that have the NEW moving gif have images that can be viewed.

the web site link is http://www.marksgardenplants.com/

enjoy!

Mark

This message was edited Monday, Jun 3rd 6:04 AM

Helsinki, Finland(Zone 4b)

Great pics! I especially like Alstroemeria pssitacina

Hello Mark,

Tremendous site. I like the neatness of it by way of the thumbnail layout. Taking the Hellebores as an example, how are you able to photograph so many types ?. They all look to have been shot much the same time.

Peter.

hi Peter

the Hellebore images were taken from late February into March. and why so many? 2 friends of mine buy 10 Hellebores each every year and also plant out their own seedlings. They know their own plants so well they can buy new plants in a colour they dont have already.

Mark

Thanks Mark - I will make some return visits to your site.

Peter.

Weymouth, Dorset, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

great site Mark, something for me to aspire to, when I learn how to !
I see you like irises, I've grown a load of mixed siberian irises from seed, but am confused as to what conditions they like, some books show them in the pond !?I'd be very glad of any advice?I also bought some ordinary? irises for in my gravel garden, but they've been demolished by slugs or snails, and they're planted in slate, so I would have thought they would have been safe.

I grow my Sibirians in soil along with the rest of my herbaceous plants. I know they can take quite a bit of damp. none of my friends grow theirs in or near water.

I dont think there is a dterant for our slimey friend other that a dose of the blue stuff. have you tried nematodes?

Weymouth, Dorset, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

not yet Mark, does it work on snails too? I've just been out to have a quick look, and picked 30 odd snails off one plant alone (a day lily)so I gave up there,thanks for the advice, I was hoping that I could just use them in the border,as I have quite a few !!!

Helsinki, Finland(Zone 4b)

Hey, Mark, how about my spring photos?

I'm only sorting out the G photos albums - Geraniums - at the moment. as you can see the site is set out alphabetically so I have quite a while to reach S

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.