Lettuce thief! Beware!

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

***NEWS FLASH!!! ALERT!!! NEWS FLASH!!!***
All citizens are warned to be on the lookout for
Charles "lettuce-head" MaGilicutty.

Evidence was recently acquired proving said suspect was seen in the No-Work garden on the premises of the famous MoonDance Farm! Having just snitched an enormous head of Buttercrunch lettuce he hesitated a few minutes too long while admiring his haul, smiling and muttering either to himself or the lettuce in happy tones.
When discovered Charles hurtled a four foot high fence, tucked said head under his right arm and took off running like a "chicken with the Colonel after him", zigging and zagging. "Horseshoe" Griffin of MoonDance says with tears in his eyes "I've had many sleepless nites since this episode. I lay awake wondering when he'll come back and take the Cos Romaine or, heaven forbid, my prized Red Sails variety!"
***END OF NEWS FLASH***

Thumbnail by Horseshoe
Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Thanks for the warning, Horseshoe, I think most of our veggie theives have 4 legs.

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

tell me about it! DW came running today to tell me the deer ate all her pansys AND a couple hostas!! I better go get "Charles" to come and be the guard!

This message was edited Monday, May 27th 11:11 PM

That's a fine lettuce you've got there, shoe. Very nice! Do all your lettuces look this good?

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Yep dave...I did good this year. May have been the change I made in the plant food. Or perhaps the weather had something to do with it. Or maybe the "no work" garden..that mulch may have kept the ground nice and cool, which is what lettuces prefer.
I'm patting myself on the head! Am lettng the few heads left go to seed thinking the offspring will be more acclimated to our local climate/conditions for future years.
By the way, I made the above pic/post into a post card and sent it to Charles and his DW...they're gonna freak! And who knows, maybe they'll wanna come to DG and view it online, eh? eh? τΏτ

Spicewood, TX(Zone 8b)

LOLOL! You're so sneaky, 'Shoe ... heh-heh-heh ... I like that...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.