Zzzzzzz...Helen's handful

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Absolmoosely.

Castelnau RB Pyrenée, France(Zone 8a)

ROTFL

Just don't try eating it eh?......confusing it with mousse!

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Mmmmmmm. Speaking of which, Harry & David sells a chocolate moose at Christmastime. It's a solid chocolate moose head, great seller. :)

Yum :)
Shame Harry & David aren't over here
2nd thoughts, praps it's a good thing!!

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Many years ago, moose meat was our family mainstay. I lived with a man that liked to hunt and had a small plane. With four children in the home, a freezer full of moose assured us many good meals. In the evenings of early September, we'd fly low over wooded areas "spotting moose"...sounds like a cow with some female problems, doesn't it!

When Mike determined where the bull moose frequented, he'd take the boys in by plane, set up camp, and hunt the next day. He took those strapping young teens along to pack the meat out to the plane!

The first meat he'd bring home was the heart and liver. He'd come in like a conquering hero, blood on his shirt, with a bloody bag. He'd walk over to the sink and dump out the contents. A moose's liver is the size of a wash basin. It's hard to show the proper admiration and appreciation that a hunter needs when your sink is full of liver.

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

LOL, Weez. I bet it would be. Mucho Moose Pate.

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Maybe I should have hollowed out the center, filled it with stuffing, and baked it 12 hours!

What, to make a second sink?

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Oh, Philomel. What a truly disgusting thought. Instead of hypertufa, I'd have a hypermoosa sink!

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Oh, groan! But I thought a hypermoosa sink was what happens to a moose after he comes off a sugar high...

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

A moose on a sugar high is a frightening thought. I'd have to hide out in the house while they tried to climb trees and stomp the dogs!

Spicewood, TX(Zone 8b)

Oh, y'all! I needed this big, huge belly laugh you just gave me!! Too cute, Phil! I looked here to see some cuteness and ended up getting a cute lift and a laught lift! Thanks, y'all!

So pleased to be of some use Wingnut, this thread seems to be getting better and better

But Weez, you shouldn't have joked about mooses on sugar highs! Sounds as if that's just what you found in your own backyard. Sugar....testosterone....
Not so funny!!
Hope the seal bombs work.

Bremerton, WA(Zone 8b)

I must agree that on a scale of 1 to 10 ...a 15 would be my pick too! Thank you for sharing all the info on these absolutely fabulous creatures. I'm please to know they are protected. Quite sad to think of how we've taken away their homes and food sources. They sound like little jewels to have around.

I wanted to say how much I loved the Moose talk too! Still laughing at your posts!

Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

Definitely a 15...this is one of the best threads! It's good for a laugh each time I read it!

Yes, I'd rather forgotten about this one - wonder how Weez's mooses are behaving themselves LOL

Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

I wonder if she's playing toreador this year!! :)

Dayton, OH(Zone 5a)

Yeah, Weez, are they behaving for you :) How's the garden center doing? Good year? Bad year?

It's a busy time of year I know, but come and give us some more giggles Weez ;)

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Hi, Everyone. Yes, it is a very busy time of year. I spent the last three days weeding and adding compost to my flower beds, so I'm a bit stiff in the joints and ready for a soaky bath. No moose so far this year. That had an easy winter and haven't ventured down from the hills, to my knowledge.

The Old Tomcat and I spent the afternoon digging up a new raised bed, so we're turning in early... maybe after a bowl of popcorn. How easily pleased we get in our dotage!

Lovely to hear from you Carol
Hope the sales are going well
Have you had an exceptionally wet year so far, as many of the rest of us have experienced?

What's going in the new raised bed?

Bet that tub soak was grand!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.