Moneywort

Oklahoma City, OK(Zone 7a)

When does this bloom? Does it like shade more than sun?

Thanks in advance.

"down the Shore", NJ(Zone 7a)

Golden moneywort? Creeping Jenny?? Mine thrives in shade, and the color really lights up the dark. A good companion to Hostas, especially of the same color. Spreads nicely, but easily controlled. Mine has not bloomed yet, but I hear it has yellow flowers, maybe early summer? John

Creeping jenny, yes. I got it in trade and I'm struggling to keep it wet enough, even in light sun. Just too hot down here, I guess.

Try it in your shadiest spot. Of course it has been raining here forever, so we'll see how mine does if it ever dries up some.

We are already in a moderate drought. It did rain yesterday and some today, though. We're down by over 11 inches for the year already. Our water bill is going to be nuts. I'm trying to blame my 2 year old since she's always washing her hands, but I don't think hubby is buying it. :)

Thanks for your help, John. You've just been my little helper these days. Why is it that everywhere I post on DG you seem to be there. :)

Are you coming to the roundup?

Carla, I think we share a fondness for the same forums here at daves. Wish I could make it to the roundup, but it is too long a car ride for me, and it doesn't seem to be somewhere easy to fly to. Hoping next year it will be at Disney or somewhere easier to get to. Would enjoy meeting my davesgarden friends! John

south central, WI(Zone 5a)

Hi, mine blooms in July/August up here in southern WI and it does like to be a bit more moist than dry, I have it in part shade and it has lovely yellow blooms.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.