Weather Problems in Texas

Pittsburgh, PA(Zone 6a)

I received an email from CoCo. There's some major storms blowing through that area big time. She had some shingles blow off her shed and she couldn't open her back door because of the wind. Folks, pray for her and those around in that area. With a heart like hers she deserves at least our prayers. "T" :)

SLEDDER what a sweetie but I'm fine. The storm is blowing over and moving southeast. Tink,look out it's coming your way. Sure was dark there for awhile.
Everything is cool here now. Did loose a few shinkles off the shed. Don't know about the house yet. Still raining and thunder in the air. I tell ya what tho.It was impossible to get out my back door as that was the direction the strong winds where coming from.
Should have seen the computer monitor before I shut this thing down. It was just a shaken. Rain was a blessing cause sure didn't feel like mowing the yard today. Got out of that anyway. Got a couple of pots that blew over and think that I lost a few of the smaller pots that I had seedlings planted in.
Just wanted to let you all know that I didn't get blowen away. Guess you're stuck with me for awhile yet.

Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

Coco, glad to see you you're still in one pieve and doing okay.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Good job you didn't lose power Coco!! What would we have done without you. Stay safe!!!

Blum, TX(Zone 8a)

checking in! I'm still HERE. we must have been passed by by the wind. but we did get a heavy down pour. It's 5:30 now and it looks like were in for some more bad weather. bad clouds and is getting dark. going to shut it down Take care.

Spicewood, TX(Zone 8b)

I guess all we got from that cold front was the cold ~ 68 degrees here now and lovin' it!

Georgetown, TX(Zone 8a)

Me, too, Wingnut! I was in Austin and Round Rock, when the skies decided to favor them with about 15 drops, but it never reached me. Oh, no, couldn't rain for Aimée, just the dratted wind drying everything out. I am not able to drag the hose today, and desperately need to water, so I am still praying for rain. Anyone know any good rain dances? I'm thinking about washing the car.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Aimee I felt sure you would get the rain when I saw the forecast!! It's no fun dragging a hose around!! I'll ask my hubbie to do the rain dance for you - he's very good at it being half Cherokee!! :-)

Georgetown, TX(Zone 8a)

Hey, Cherokee should work, that's my family! Thanks, Abe and Margaret, I need all the help I can get. I really thought it was going to storm last night, but not a drop, just the infernal wind. But it wa cooler after a bit of humid and close weather passed.

Last time when me and others did a rain dance for JustMeLisa,she got flooded out so I won't be doing any more dances for anyone. We did get 3quarters of an inch yesterday tho. Have gotten close to 7 inches of rain here in the last 2 weeks.

Georgetown, TX(Zone 8a)

CoCo, that's more like May should be in Texas. Now, quit hogging the rain, some of that was meant for central Texas.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

7 inches is way too much Coco. I can't believe it keeps missing you Aimee!!! You'll have to get one of those flat hoses to make your life easier.

Spicewood, TX(Zone 8b)

Well, I wish it would come a gully-washing toad floater now, but I'm glad it was just cool with no rain this weekend. We had a nice visit both Saturday and Sunday with Drew, Lisa and the grandbabies!! We even got to see Bubba's baby Alex for a few hours Saturday when they came out for a while.

But I'm ready for the rain now! The caliche driveway is so dry that when anyone comes over it kicks up a huge plume of dust that takes a half mile to settle. Yep, you guessed it ~ it settles all over my plants! ACK! We've GOT to get some of that chat or granite gravel to top it with so it won't be so dusty. Aimee, I think I'll leave the top down on my pervertible (topless car *grin*). It's always worked before! Of course it was running then, maybe having a busted water pump will affect the rainmaking qualities?

Georgetown, TX(Zone 8a)

Wingnut, you are a nut!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.