Anyone heard of this? Guara Pink Fountain?

Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

Bought one at Lowes the other day and don't know anything about it. Checked the database but there's not much about it there. Thanks :~)

Lana

Thumbnail by Wvdaisy

Looks like a new cultivar WvD

Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

Can you tell me anything about Guara, Baa or anyone? Thanks :~)

Lana

Oh right LOL I thought you just wanted to know about the cultivar WvD!

Gaura is native to N America. Very pretty long lasting spikes of flowers which seem like they are floating from a distance. They like a fertile, moist but well drained soil in full sun but will tolerate partial shade. Pretty plant which is easy to grow and suffers very little from pests. We sometimes bring ours in for the winter because the garden lies wet here but if yours is well drained you should have no problems.

Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

Thanks Baa, that's what I needed! LOL :~)

Lana

Kitchener, ON(Zone 5A)

Starts well from seed too. I tried it this year for the first time and have many more babies than I expected.

Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

Ooh, do you think it will be invasive?

Lana

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

No Lana - not invasive!! Very pretty with their wand-like appearance!! Love this new one of yours!!

Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

That's good to hear louisa, thanks :~D

Lana

Georgetown, TX(Zone 8a)

Wow, that doesn't look anything like the wild guara in my pasture. So lush and full!

Hampstead, NC(Zone 8a)

I have Gaura 'Daupbin' which sounds like the plant Baa described. It is a beautiful plant, winters over here in NC with no problem, and should do ok in your area. Tag says zone 4-9. Cut back midseason of second year and remove spent flower spikes to extend bloom which here lasts until frost. The only problem I had was late season with whiteflies.

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

I have the Gaura, tag said "Pink Butterfly". And actually from a distance they do resemble a multitude of pink butterflies fluttering in the breeze!

"eyes"

Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

Oh Wow! I can't wait to see this bloom :~D Ya'll have me quite excited about this plant now. Thanks

Lana

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.