Pyracantha 'Mohave'

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

This is my Pyracantha 'Mohave'. There was some talk earlier of doing espalier of some type. For now it is happy and growing but I just happened to be where it is and had the camera in my hand. :)

Thumbnail by Badseed
Cleveland, OH(Zone 5b)

Chele, That is EXACTLY what I was talking about in the earlier post! Looks pretty Espaliered (sp?) to me! I am definitely going to get one now! How old is this beauty?

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Hi Celia, I was hoping you would see this! I bought it about three years ago and it was a tiny thing in the markdown bin. I knew I could bring it back to life and bought it. It is about five times the size it was. I think I said in the other post that it had a nice shape. I have cut out unwanted branches here an there and sent them to people. I just love the way it hugs the wall. The white flowers are very nice but the orange berries are even nicer!!

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Lovely plant Chele!! That's what I don't understand about providing nails or screw eyes to tie the plant to - I mean - it clings all by itself!!

Zone 6, OH(Zone 6a)

Plant that guy under a window and I bet you won't have any intruders :D These things are rough to handle for sure. Mine is left on it's own to get big and round and I guess it's about 7' across by 7' tall now. It started out flat and on a trellis when I bought it about 3 years ago. It's just now starting to bloom.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

I'm not sure which ones I have but there are still small - planted only last fall!! They are thick with growth and sporting flowers already!!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Hi Louisa!!!! So, you gonna show me yours? I showed you mine! LOL

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Ha-ha!!!! Whenever I find the time Chele!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.