Easter Holidays - Oh Help !

1015 in the morning and I'm already at my wits' end - the noise is crazy, much as I love my kids I REALLY like it when they're at school and I get the quiet time before the merry go round starts again in the afternoon. We've got an INSET day today so the kids have an extra day off , like it's not enough that they have 2 weeks off for the holidays (!).
Ah well, get some decent weather and perhaps they'll spend time out and about, at least they're outdoors types foer the most part - great advantage of having a dog, he's always ready for a long walk.

Alan I hope you're not miffed at my disappearance, I was around and about for a good while and got not reply so I'm a little worried - that's the trouble with text you can't accurately put any expression into what you're saying and I'm c*** at emoticons.

Big weekend coming up for us Londoners since our football team is playing their deadliest rivals so the air will be blue and the fingernails will be bitten until Sunday evening : I guess it's one of those things yoyu either like or dislike, team sports, but I was a proper tomboy as a child and all my boys are footie mad.

I bought a large gazebo last year and still haven't used it so I'm REALLY hoping for a spell of decent weather so we can use the garden as it should be, an extension to the house we can relax in and enjoy.

Feel that I'm talking to myself a little here so I'm away to check emails and other forums. Try to get back later - sometimes its a fight to get on the keypad tho'

Jo

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

hello jo! i just woke up....hang in there girl! 2 weeks are a looonnng time! LOL! how are you today? Lisa

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Good morning Jo, Lisa .......anyone else? I remember school holidays so well. Long bike rides, balmy warm days!! Was the weather better in those days? It certainly seemed so to me :-) I think I know what has happened to Alan - bet he's got the new scanner and he's just going to pop all those photos to us all at once. Unless you're not feeling too well Alan - hope it's the first conclusion.

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

yes louisa, i was wondering where he was...hope all is well with him! Isn't the chat room fun?

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Lisa, what a laugh!!! Guess we tickled Dave last night. Did he laugh, or did he laugh???

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

I just went to the chat room to look for you. No sign of Patty this morning? I'm sure she's about somewhere! After I have typed my post on here, I am starting to hit 'enter'....LOL

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Lisa and my good friends - I will talk later. Going to Richmond this morning to find mirrors for the bathrooms. Have a great day, going to be a hot one :-)

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

bye Louisa, have a safe trip! Hope you find something! Lisa

Morning, or afternoon, my server crashed on me about 9.45pm last night last night, its only been back an hour or so, whos in anyone.

Mary, i hope you are still with us, keep an eye on that wound.

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

i am here :)

Hi lisa, how are today ?.

Hi everyone, I'm back (for a while).
Yes the weather was always better when we were young (er) and I can't believe how I used to get BORED at the end of the summer holidays.

Welcome back Alan, we missed you, could you tell ? I think I'm going to resent this chat room thing soon , everyone talking about the fun it was and I can't even read it retrospectively - ooooooooohhh !!!

Off again for a few moms to check everywhere else and back in a coupe of shakes..

Oh oh oh , just remembered, Alan I thought of you last night - it was quiz night and I was told the most AWFUL little ditty so I had to remember it to tell you :

Mary had a little lamb
She liked to call it Ralph
It's just a pile of ashes now
Because of foot and mouth

Ouch - a real groan inducer !

BRB as they all seem to say

Jo

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

ouch! JO!!!! *snicker*
Alan, i am a little tired today...gotta get motivated

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

i have to sign off for an hour....i'll be right back : ) hope ya'll are around, Lisa

Hello, jo, my youngest has just come round, i was playing an internet game with him last night when my server crashed, i like the joke, heres one for you.

Mary had a little lamb,
it fleece was black as charcoal
everytime that little lamb sneezed
the spark flew out its *******.

Jo, have you buggerd off again ?.

No still here, just nipping back & forth balancing forums, making toast, stopping fights etc etc usual stuff.

Now are we getting smutty here ? I know some REALLY rude ones but I don't want to alienate anyone so perhaps I'll keep it clean.

Mary had a little lamb

...the doctor had a heart attack

Mail them to me then jo, i wont be offended, i am very broad minded, are you going to come in later tonight now the kids are of school ?.

I doubt I'll get much opportunity to be on this at all for the next 2 VEEEERRRYY long weeks, eldest boy at home now is old enough tostay up almost as late as me and we DID buy this for them not for me which is why I'm such a dummy in working it, so what is going to happen is that youngest will go on it followed by next in order of who goes to bed when.
Anyway here's another :

Mary had a little lamb
and it was always grunting
She tied it to a five bar gate
And kicked it

Jo :)

[ Removed per member request. - Admin]

HAHAHA, jo, your wicked, you will have to get tough, tell them you want some prime time at night, come in and join the fun, it doesnt start to warm up until 12.00ish, its late i know, but fun, ribbitcat is now joining in, and i havent been here since she has, she said i stood her up, thats me in trouble again.

Hi Patty, Alan and I are here swapping crude things, feel free to join in.

Alan, I don't know why but this has gone all slow, I waited for ages to see this page after I clicked on it. Server busy (don't really know what a server is tbh) ?

I put a couple of limericks on GP but they don't seem to be an American thing, no replies to speak of yet. When this is working at it's fastest I do like to whizz off to GW/GP or DG other sites, read a couple and then come back - I come unstuck when the whole thing slows down like it just did tho' so if I take a time to reply don't shout at me

Please ?

Jo

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

hi ya'll

Jo, the server is who you pay the money to, you use there internet sevice, and its slow here to, i am going to check out your limmericks,

Hi Patty, how are you feel today ?.

Welcome back Lisa, you woken up yet ?.

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

barely Alan, Patty are you feeling better?

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Patty have you made it into the chat room yet?

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

:( it is really fun! I'll NEVER get anything done!

Jo, i cant find them, were are they.

Lisa, have another coffee, if that doesnt work, give up, go and have some more sleep, lol.

Patty, glad your feeling better, sorry you cant get into the chat room, we will have to stay here for, this isnt so bad, the only difference really is its slower thats all.

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

no patty, it is really organized. you know who is talking to who. I am easily confused and so for it has not confused me! Alan, can't go back to sleep, i have to stay here :)

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

going see who is in there right now! Bye

I can't access emails at the moment Alan, in fact I'm not sure if this will get through because it keeps cutting me off - an exe file access blah blah something - it's driving me crazy.

Wanted to ask, don't you go into GW any more ? I still nip back and forwards a lot and enjoy it a lot.

Patty, they were smutty, sorry. It's a credit to you if you didn't get them .

St Patty, now that has a ring to it ...

Jo

Lisa, you must have been driven half mad not getting in here for a week, you are well and truely hooked on DG, hmmn, thats the pot calling the kettle i think, lol.

Patty, a chat room can be a bit confuseing, but after a few times in one you soon learn how to read one, there can be a lot messages on screen, and if a lot of people are in, they move pretty fast sometimes, but it can be a lot of fun, its just practice at reading them really, i hope you find out some time and join us.

I'm still here Patty

Oh - am I alone now then ?

This message was edited Friday, Apr 6th 10:15 AM

Apparently "we" are going to Ronnie MacDonald's house to eat soon (ain't it nice when Mum knows what the family's doing ?) so as there's a lack of action here I'm zooming around again while I have the chance

Bi all

Jo

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.