Container contest, who's getting started?

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

I'm putting together my containers for the contest and was just wondering how many others are. I've done several for the sun and a couple for the shade. I've got one that the colors aren't matching so I'm going to re-do it.(unless there's a category for "clashing colors")I thought it was a good combo till they bloomed, but it's so ugly!!

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

I have quite a few going already. Not sure how they'll look when they're grown, so I did several different combos.

TiG, I know how that is too!! I can always sell my 'experiments" as long as they aren't too weird. I'm trying a new color combo this year--burgundy, salmon and azure blue. Last year it was purple and chartreuse.

Rapid City, SD(Zone 5b)

I'm getting started this week - I will probably end up with something quite rainbowish....that not so well planned look, LOL! My nine year old has lots of suggestions so we should have something unrestrained with plenty of color interest :)

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

I did a couple - but half-heartedly because of all that is going on with us right now!! So, I'm disappointed with my efforts and now with all the rain and storms and terrific winds today - they look quite sad :-(

MD &, VA(Zone 7b)

I've got a few done too, but still have more to go.

Know how you feel Louisa. We had 50mph winds yesterday and it has been very rough weather for a while now. Between tornados and violent thunder storms...sigh. I went out this morning to find all my passiflora's blown over on the deck and many potted plants rolling around :(

At least we still have plenty of time for the containers :)

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Luckily I tied in all my clematis and the passion vines but they still got a battering!! No doubt the heat will soon be with us and hit us for six!! Yes, plenty time for the plants to recover!!

We had high winds and heavy rains. I'm thankful that the hail missed us. Some of my large pots of brugs were blown over, but they didn't break.

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

Hummm, I didn't know we could enter more than one!! Not that I have one yet - don't think I would have a chance tho with all you guys that are experts. It will be fun just looking at them all tho.

Everybody should enter. We all learn from each other. Someone might post a photo of a combination that we never thought of and really like.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

and you can enter more than one.

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

Well, I got mine planted up yesterday but I am starting from seeds so it will be awhile before it is ready to be shown. I am just doing one for the contest since it sounded like so much fun! I can't compete for the most beautiful and since it is only going to have a single plant type and color it sure will not be the most colorful. but when you see it you will surely agree it has character...(I Hope) Cause it is definately going to be a "Zany" type of thing.

Palmyra, VA(Zone 7a)

How about a contest for most containers with dead plants? I think I may win this one!! :)

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

LOL Tim I would think that a category for the prettiest plants in a thimble would be your best chance ;~}

Newcastle, ON(Zone 5a)

Well I did several today..but of course they have to stay in the garage overnight..it is too cold at night for them to be outside yet.
Just for fun I put some snapdragons in one of my pots..along with lots of other things..I mostly made them all mixed..
One of the stunning things..(at least to my eye) is the Polka Dot plant (Hypoestes)..white and green..it looks great in the baskets.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.