Ipomea imperialis-"chocolate"

Chicago, IL

I'm growing a morning glory called "chocolate". There was no photo on the seed packet. The only description was that it has a rose and cocoa colored bloom with white edging. I'm familiar with other I. imperialis and their looks, so I kind of know what to expect.

Have any of you morning glory growers ever seen one of these? I have to admit that a brown morning glory is kind of an oxymoron to me, but I'm looking forward to it being more of a surprise.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Hi Squareroot, I tried to add this to the database a month or so ago, and guess I didn't submit it or something. I tried searching the web and couldn't find you a picture. Give me a little bit and I will see if I can get my scanner to cooperate. I can post a picture for you from the seed packet. To me the flowers look mauve-a duller shade, with a thin white edge. :)

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

from the pictures I've seen it's gorgeous!

Try this hyperlink. Go towards the bottom of the page and click on the image.

http://www.thompson-morgan.com/seeds/uk/list_i_5.html

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Thanks deblynn for getting that hyperlink. I haven't had time to play with my fickle scanner yet. I do have to say the picture on my seed package shows a definate white border on the flower.

Glad to help. They're really gorgeous! I look forward to seeing pictures of them from people's gardens. Funny about the white border. Could there be different types?

(Zone 8a)

I grew rose silk ie: chocolate mg's with white edging last year...check out this link for a pic...please be patient for page will load slow and it is next to last one... They are gorgeous!

http://server105.hypermart.net/rebeccasgardenweb/rebeccasmgs.htm

Rose Hill, NC(Zone 8a)

drop the word imperialis not used correctly in MGs
Rose Silk has the white trim
Chocolate doesn't have the white trim
both are I. nils
Larry

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

The information I gave came from the seed packet I posted on another thread. I certainly am no expert on this topic though. LOL

Cullman, AL(Zone 7a)

hmmmm, I am growing Chocolate for the first time. I had two seeds sent to me. I am anxious now to see what they look like.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.