Hummer in the garage

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

I think it was taking a rest but thought it might be hurt so hubbie put a broom up to it and it settled on the broom for ages, even when he walked outside with it. He set the broom on the ground and I managed to take a picture but no digital :-( It was beautiful up close and personal!!!

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

Louisa, we have them get inside the green house and we use a broom to help them. They will perch on it and sit there while we take them outside.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

i made the food yesterday n hung it out! Ive already had a pair at the feeder-happy hummer dance!
i just luv them! =]

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

My heart does a flip when I see one Dori!! Cala so they are after the flowers in the greenhouse?? They surely must want to take a rest, they work so hard!! I know what attracts them to the garage. There's a red knob thingy on the rope that pulls the garage door down if it won't close automatically I guess - the birds are attracted to the red knob!! Poor babies!! Last year, we had another one in there and my son just put out his hand to take it outside and it settled on his hand!! He was clearly moved!!! My son I mean..lol!!

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

We had a male last spring that came in during a cold spell and stayed a week. I hung a feeder and there were lots of fuchsias and impatiens blooming in the green house. When it warmed up to normal, he was gone. We turned the circulating fans off so he wouldn't get into them. It was so neat having him for a visitor.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

4 Star hotel I would say Cala!! :-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.