ASAO clematis

Sharpsville, PA(Zone 5a)

Planted this last Fall. its first bloom

Thumbnail by mingsmimi
Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

very pretty

Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

gorgeous!

so pretty i can't wait to get my first bloom.

Sharpsville, PA(Zone 5a)

it IS very exciting

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Mings I always thought Asao was a deeper pink than this - almost fuschia coloured. I went to Mystic's thread and thought that her clematis was Asao!! Now, I am a little puzzled!! It's lovely!!

Sharpsville, PA(Zone 5a)

Don;t know. thats the tag that was on my plant. I still have it with the plant. Says Asao...Who knows. maybe someone switched tags with mine. i'll have to look at hers. this is mines first year to bloom. maybe with age. things change. I'll have to look at my plant tomorrow.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Mings don't mind me - memory aint what it used to be!!! :-)

Sharpsville, PA(Zone 5a)

you mean the thread "so many buds'? Mine doens;t look a thing like that. ! Its beautyful!!!!! And what color! i didn;t see a name for that one at that thread. unless you are at a different thread. what are you speaking of? lol

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Yep - so many buds!! That's the thread Mings!! Mystic doesn't know the name of it though and I thought it was Asao - guess I'm wrong!! :-)

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

This site has a picture of Asao.
http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/clematis/page07.htm

Sharpsville, PA(Zone 5a)

Mine isn;t that color. HHHHMMMMMM I'll have to go look at it tomorrow. Its dark now. And STILLLLLLLL raining and cold

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Yep, that's the colour I was thinking of Brugie!! Mings I will help you check yours out!! Or do you think it's just the photo paper showing up a different colour?

Sharpsville, PA(Zone 5a)

Nope! I have been there in "real time' and that is not the color. Its dark again. I have been at work from monday noon till 830 and tuesday 830 till 8. so. I haven;t had a chance to even go out and see it. Will check tomorrow. If it hasn;t froze off by then!

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Don't worry about it Mings - it's beautiful!! Get some rest!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.