aphids on grapevine

Grand Prairie, TX

I've got aphids on my large grapevine. I am starting to get grapes on it, but no more than buds...how do i get rid of the aphids without hurting the vine?
thanks!

Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

the way i do it is hand wash each leaf. takes a lot of patience and time but it does the trick if you don't want to use pesticides.

Grand Prairie, TX

are you serious??? take a lot of time is an understatement. I'd better get some more hands in that case! :-)
I've got a LOT of l;eaves on this thing, but i wil try and probably search for something that will kill what i missed and prevent more from coming. I really do want grapes from this thing so i will try this and see how it works.
Thanks~!

Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

a gentle hose sprayer with a drop of soap would help with knocking them off but to dislodge them it does take wiping those little suckers they sure do stick. i hate aphids i itch for days after playing with them. if you have that many leaves i also remove the really bads infested ones. i did hear that you need to remore the leaves around the grapes to help them get sun and grow big.

Grand Prairie, TX

thanks for the great tips farmgirl.
this is very helpful and i will try all this.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.