Fox in the Garden!!!!

Went out to look at the garden this morning and the mulch was all disturbed and deep holes all throughout. Couldn't figure out what in the world would do that. We have deer, rabbit, etc. but I had never seen damage like this. I was walking the dog a little later and saw a beautiful red fox with a really bushy tail on the trail in front of us. I'm pretty sure he is the culprit. Geez, I love wildlife but I sure wish they would stay out of the garden.

Camilla, GA(Zone 8a)

Vic,
Sure you don't have an Armadillo?

Tiller, OR(Zone 8a)

I've had foxes for several years, and they haven't done any damage. They might dig tiny holes in the grass after mice, and leave their calling card on a stump or rock. I suspect something else damaged your garden.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

vic you may have a ground hog!! I agree with tigerlily - they don't normally trouble my garden either!! I love to see them!! :-)

Castelnau RB Pyrenée, France(Zone 8a)

I've had them digging in a raised bed for worms - that makes a bit of a mess - and the PONG! ;)

We have so many critters here - who knows...I just thought it was strange that the garden was messy and then I saw the fox. I wouldn't harm it but if it was the fox, I wish it would take a detour.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.