Dinu - some more links

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

www.hydrangea.com

http://www.suite101.com/article.cfm/california_gardening/8775

http://www.ces.ncsu.edu/depts/hort/hil/hil-524.html

Don't know if the first link will work - I hope so!!

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Thank you Louisa, both the links worked. Useful tips found. I'm back from a short vacation.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Welcome back Dinu - hope you had a good time on your holiday!!

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Had combined my cricket as well as family vacation since my kids have summer holidays. We lost both the matches we played to better teams. I relaxed for a couple of days at my relative's house before returning home.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Oh sorry about the defeats - another match, another win!! I bet you enjoyed yourself nonetheless!!

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Tomorrow again, I'd be going off early in the morning (5am) and traveling 90 miles to play another match. The first thing I do when I come back is to look at my Hydrangea! Then, the rest in the family!!!!

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

lol Dinu - I see you have your priorities in order!!!! Good luck!! Hope you hit a lot of sixes!!!

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Couldn't hit sixes but I took six wickets. We lost the match by a whisker. And I was away on leave last week. We take leave often, which is unthinkable over there. The kids are having holidays, so spent some time together. Now we are running around to get our daughter admitted to a good school for the 8th grade. The hyd is doing well, though the bloom seems to be wilting away, and new buds are appearing in another branch. Our regular league cricket season begins this weekend which also coincides with the arrival of the monsoon rains (signalling the end of summer), the re-opening of schools on Monday.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Wow Dinu six wickets is fantastic!!! Are you a fast bowler?? I remember the monsoon rains when I lived in Singapore and quite liked them. My children and I used to run out of the house and relish the cool, splashing around and having fun. You can remove the faded blooms on the hydrangea but I leave them on to protect the new buds from the cold. I do cut some for drying though!! :-)

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

I came back to this post after posting a query about dead-heading. Here's the answer anyway, Louisa.
It's not rained as we expected.
I'm a fast bowler. How'd you guessssss? Pele has scored a thousand goals. I have just completed a thousand wickets in my career spanning 23 years. This Sunday I took 5 in the league match.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.