Hydrangea Gallery

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Lovely site - take a look!!

http://www.crownsvillenursery.com/hydrangeagallery.htm

Sharpsville, PA(Zone 5a)

they are lovely! now. mine are just sticks with leaves here and there!

Rapid City, SD(Zone 5b)

Beautiful Louisa! :) I think I must get one of these...

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

i have the amathyst. no flowes yet, it is still just a baby only 20 inches tall. but i'm willing to wait for such beauty.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

RiseAnn - it's so nice to see you more often now. I had missed you!! These shrubs are really beautiful, just wish I had felt that way year's ago. It's hard to imagine that there are so few of us hydrangea lovers here at DG!! Same with the roses - not many people go there either!!

Rapid City, SD(Zone 5b)

Louisa - I've been watching more than talking and it's finally spring here. I am becoming more interested in the hydrangeas because they seem to have a significant bloom period. I am trying to decide what kind to get. I've seen nice white variety locally. I still have a gift certificate to the nursery here burning a hole in my pocket. Thanks for the kind words :)

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

I had some beautiful links Ann and can't seem to find them!! Yes, they give many, many months of enjoyment. I am crackers about them!!! There is a company in Holland that grow some magnificent elusive ones. I will post that link here but you have to be patient with it. It's so well worth it because the pictures are amazing. It is navigable in English and you will have to get to the page that gives letters of the alphabet and you punch in H - naturally :-)
Scroll right down to the hydrangea section. The best I have ever seen!! Here is the link and another one thrown in for good measure!!

http://www.esveld.nl/ :

go for the english version of the site and locate their stock, plenty of pictures

> http://members.tripod.com/~Hatch_L/hydrchek.html

: the Hydrangea page of the rather mysterious 'New Ornamentals Society'

Rapid City, SD(Zone 5b)

I am amazed at the many different varieties! What great pictures (yes, I went through them all) - I like many that aren't cold tolerant, of course, but there are some very unique and interesting types. So far I have found that any of the paniculata will survive nicely here, along with Anabelle and a vining type. I am heading off the the nursery to see what else thay say will grow here. I think I can get by with some of the zone 5's too. Keep up the good links - Thanks Louisa!

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Wish I was heading off to the nursery!! There is another one I found, an evergreen, variegated climbing hydrangea. At least, I think it had those attributes!! I entered it in the plant data base and will have to search for it. Hope you have a successful day!!

i guess mine is annabelle by the pictures. i would trade someone some of it for another color if anyone is interested e-mail me. :)

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

I have new and small hydranges but if they put on good growth this year I will send you some cuttings!! I will have to check for hardiness for your zone!!

Jesteburg-Wiedenhof, Germany(Zone 8a)

That Dutch site you linked there Louisa is incredible. They have pictures of just about every plant I have ever heard of ;-)
I may haff to make them a wee visitation for chust a look arround (spoken in Skye accent)

Thanx

Wintermoor

Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

lol wintermoor.

Louisa, great site...

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Och aye the noo - yer vera welcome!! lol!!

;-)))) ROTFLMAO
SDREWJU IKOUZGT

Wintermoor

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Now what the heck does SDREWJUIKOUZGT mean??? Y're talkin to a Sassenach!! Well, almost!! Half Oirish me bobbo!!

Doesn't mean anything really, I just thought I'd set a few heads thinking, that's all ;-))

Cunningly yours

Wintermoor

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

You mean I have to think now!! Sheesh!! OK - I'll try and work it out - or is it really a lot of mumbo jumbo!!

Mumbo-jumbo
;-)

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Good then I don't have to rack my brains!!

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

I tried to rack my brains once...they kept falling off and finally got lost! That happens when you use a full size clothes rack to hang up a pea (size) brain ;~)

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

*giggles* Are we then known as 'empty brainers'?? Is this what Americans call it? :-) Zany I prefer to think that we just haven't the room up there to handle any excess - it's already crammed to overflowing!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.