anyone up for spring secret trade?

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

If we're gonna do it, nows the time!!! What I'd really love to do is match up newbies with long time DGer's. If it works out where there are enough of each. wouldn't hand pick, but use two hats to draw from. Whatcha think?
You must be a DG subscriber to participate.

Rules will follow when I get them all set out.

This message was edited Tuesday, Apr 30th 5:17 PM

Plymouth, PA(Zone 5b)

Janet

I think its a great idea. I don't have much (as you know I am a newbie to gardening). But I would love to be in on the secret trade.
tamlamb

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

hehe I'm bonnie, but thanks for calling me someone I admire! and as for being a newbie, I think this will be a great way to help with your gardens.

MD &, VA(Zone 7b)

tiG thats a great idea! You know I'm leaving for Maine tomorrow a.m. so please don't do it until I get back, LOL.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

we'll wait for you!!! Setting deadline for sign up at May 7th, names to you all by 9th, and mailing by the 18th at the latest. Special arrangements can by made if anyone is going to be out of town, just let me know.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Well I wanta be a newbie(whinny voice)-Jody can just send me lots of newbie stuff!! I will wait till she gets back-im a patient newbie! *Ha Ha on both accounts!(patient-HA)
Bonnie Id luv to help a newbie out with some plants so count me in.

**Jody have a safe trip n have some fun! Hope its not to cold there for you-take some cuddledudz! ;]

Plant trading is such FUN!!!!

Brooklet, GA(Zone 8a)

why bonnie do you really admire me??lol. I would love to partake but right now i am swamped with the passion vine orders and the garden and all. maybe next time though. i know all of you will have a lot of fun. janet

Plymouth, PA(Zone 5b)

Oops Tig sorry about that. I read the post.. I dont know why I typed Janet. I guess it is because I just finished reading a post by her and wasnt thinking.
tamlamb

MD &, VA(Zone 7b)

Thanks tiG!!! I'll be back around the 7th, if not put my name in, I will definately be back by the 9th!

Dori, hehehe, I'll send you a box too! (with extra hosta's, hehehe) Just cause you always make me smile! :)

Cleveland, OH(Zone 5b)

As a newbie, all I have to say is: YAHOOOOO! Can't wait to do something with the 'big kids'! Just let me know what to do.
Cecelia

(Zone 5b)

Secret trades are my favorite - I'm in!

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

I must be the only one who doesn't have plants coming up yet. I'm going to hold off signing up until I see if the few things I planted last summer come back or not. I hope to be in on this.

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

Sure TIG - count me in, but you'd better set up a few rules. Like how many plants(minimum), Must be a subscriber, etc. Should everyone send you a special email with addys, real names & DG names, or do you palnt to look them all up yourself, LOL!!!

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

how does a secret trade work? may sound stupid, but i got to know what it is all about. if i don't ask, i will not know right???

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

all the rules will follow in a couple days. Janet, you are so caring and I admire that greatly!!!
MaVie and others that don't know about secret trades. I will have all the names and put the newbies names in one hat, the old timers in another and match them up.
Then by the set 'send by' date, you fill a box and send to your secret trader. You can pick what to send, but your tradelists can help a lot. Fill in the wants!!!!!! no requests taken, this is what you have and are willing to share. This could really help some new gardeners with the staples we all have to share, and some goodies thrown in. We'll make the minimum low, so that new gardeners don't feel that they can't participate. There won't be a maximum. It's not expected that trades will be even, just meet the minimum.
Then as the trades are received, we'll have a new thread telling what we got and who our traders were (a thank you thread)
For oldtimers, since you will be getting a box from a new gardener, please consider this an opportunity to share, and get something from a new friend, maybe even something you already have.
As you sign up here, please email me with your name, address, zone and Dave's name. and let me know if you consider yourself an oldtimer or a newbie.
thanks!

This message was edited Tuesday, Apr 30th 5:32 PM

Cape May Court House, NJ(Zone 7a)

Now you know that I am in!!!!!!
sue

Thomaston, GA(Zone 7a)

Count me in please!

Woodsville, NH(Zone 4a)

tiG, I'll have to sit on the sidelines on this one. It's been so cold up here and snow in the last few days that my plants are afraid to come out of the ground yet.What is starting to show will be much too small.

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

Just had a thought - You know there is secret Hosta Trade going on - there is also a "Received My Secret Trade" thread just started about it - so we will need a way to separate these.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

right, all that's in the hosta forum, so we'll keep this in the plant trading forum.

Homer, NY

count me in if it's not too late

smithton, MO(Zone 5a)

count me in......i have done one before and now a little bit more than i did then.....DOIN THE HAPPY DANCE....:)

cindy

Milo, IA(Zone 5a)

I would love to play, too. So, count me in.

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

Thanks tiG :)! count me in pls.

Kittanning, PA

Me too.... One question though... can it be bulbs/rhizomes/??? as long as it is perennial, right?
SYR

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

yes singleyellowrose. or greenhouse perennials. Let's do stay away from annuals unless someone objects.

Huntington Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Hey Bonnie,

Sure I want in!! Always get some great plants from our garden friends. I guess you'd call me an "oldtimer". hehe

Donna

Gilmer, TX

I want in n this. I've e-mailed my info.

I would love to join in. Let me know. Thanks

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

everyone is welcome. We need some more newbies to sign up, don't be shy. I'll send out all the info at the end of sign up. Be sure and mail your DG name, your real name, addy and zone, thanks!

Birmingham, NJ(Zone 6b)

I would like to joion, I don't know how you do it but it sounds fum.
Kim

Greenfield, IN(Zone 5b)

I would love to join, I will send you an e-mail. Julie

Beloit, WI(Zone 5a)

Id like to be in on the trade, I have alot off STUFF this year..so may I please?

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

of course, can you email me from another acct? I tried to email you back, but it bounced. thanks! missytig@charter.net

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

Count me in too!! you got mail tiG!!

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

count me in! not a newbie or a vet, sorta an in-be-tweener!! Lou

Dayton, OH(Zone 5a)

Please include me, too :)

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

if I don't send anyone an email please be patient until Sunday or so. Also, please let me know if you didn't already whether you consider yourself an oldtimer (gardener with plenty to share) or a newbie (new gardener, still working on filling in beds)
thanks!!!!!!!!

Porterfield, WI(Zone 4b)

I must be nuts, I've got so much going on.....but I still want IN! L

Jacksonville, IL(Zone 5a)

This sounds like fun. I'd like to join in also. Looking forward to reading the instructions. Thanks for thinking of this. I'm an old newbie...does that count?? Just started gardening a couple of years ago at 55. Rose in IL

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.