Amy's House Project

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

I'm helping my friend Amy decide what plants to have her landscaper put in around her house. He and I are coming up with a list of plants based on her needs, and he'll do the planting (can't beat that, huh?). She wants low-maintenance stuff because she and her hubby are not into gardening and don't want to have to spend a lot of time keeping it up. Color-wise, she likes purples with yellow for accents. She is open to hostas.

I'll be putting more specifics about the things she likes/dislikes in with each journal entry regarding her yard.

This picture is the back porch of their house. I had to take two pictures to get it all in and still be in scale. She wants to have a patio coming straight out from the lines at the edge of the porchfrom the porch. We've convinced her a nice little bed with a bench would go great in the corner to the right. If there's enough sun there, we'd like to put up some sort of pergola or trellis and have morning glories on it for shade and color, plus to cover the fence.

Any ideas?

Thumbnail by gardenwife
This thread has 6 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!