building soon- info?

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

YAHOO! My hubby has been drawing the plans-OMG-for my green house-we have tons of double pane anderson windows all different sizes. He is figuring how much wood I need-Im so excited! When it comes to the inside-any input will be great. or the main construction!
It will be 12 X 16 with the glass going all the way to the floor-so I can use all the sunlight.
I told him the next one(hehe)he can make out of plastic-he told me to buy one with all the $$ i make selling plants this year-yeah right!
Just wanted to tell everyone and see If anyone has any ideas. Im so excited!! HES THE BEST!!!!!
dori

[ Removed per member request. - Admin]

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

i know but right now I will take what I can get!
we have a bunch of different size windows to use-I cant wait!

MD &, VA(Zone 7b)

When mine was constructed I soon filled it up just as Patty mentioned, LOL. Hubby added an extention on to it last year and of course it's filled up again and again we are talking addtion! LOL!

Congrats Dori, you'll absolutely love it!!!

Kingsville, OH(Zone 5a)

Hi Dori;
Take some time to figure out the best use of your space and sunlite. If you'd like I can send you some photos of my house. It's 15 X 28 I have a furnace sink and my desk in mine and yes I ran out of space within a few weeks. Now we're building an other 12 X 30 this one will be for harding off and holding plants. Goodluck!!!
Tom

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

tom I have been checking out the pics you have posted here-we saw that you didnt have treated lumber just regular lumber. So we are only using treated at the base.
the windows will go almost all the way to the ground so I can use the floor to ceiling for plants. I know compared to all of you mine is tiny-but its going up!!! DH is digging the holes for the post-I will take pics step by step! My sis does stained glass so im going to ask her to make a piece that says Dori's glass house! I cant wait-Im even telling some of the plants about it!!(joking)
Any tips will be very helpful-THANKZ LOTZ!
going to read the flooring now!
dori

Chatham-Kent, ON(Zone 6a)

30' X 16' would be better , Dori .....that size you are contemplating is too small and will be filled in no time flat . Just use greenhouse plastic to extend it to the larger size . Best to you !!

Price, UT

notmartha youll be suprised how much heat the glass will generate and yes it will fill up fast id like to see what your doing im on my greenhouse #5 and got over 7000 sqft of space and need more

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

I know I will need more n more-but right now I will take what I can get. Then we can keep adding on and my lil house will be my storefront to my big greenhouse...dont tell my hubby my plan! ;]
I just wish the weather would cooperate and hubby is pulling overtime all week!!! slow but sure!
dori

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.