Gold finch!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I was just sitting here scrolling through posts, when something caught my eye. It is the first gold finch I have seen this year. There are times those birds make me less than happy, like when they steal all the good seeds. LOL But it is always a joy to see their bright yellow bodies flitting about! Actually it is a pair of them. I didn't notice the female at first because of the duller color. I have to say I don't much care for the red headed finches as they like to snip off new growth in my containers AND they just aren't as pretty. :)

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

I'm not quite sure if it was finches or tits but back home they used to peck at the milk (bottles) outside the front door. The tops of the bottles were sealed with a very light tin and the birds pecked to get at the milk!! Yes, that's how it was over there!! The milkman delivered the milk to your door!! Those were the days my friend!!!!

Greenfield, IN(Zone 5b)

Aren't the finches just beautiful. I agree, the red headed finches aren't as pretty and there are many many more of them eating all the sunflower seeds I put out.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.