Pardancanda

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

Hey John! These are your babies!! Will they bloom the first year?

Thumbnail by poppysue
Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Wow! Are those Pardacanda from Pardacanda?? LOL I grew some from seed a couple/few years ago and am waiting to see them bloom. They are starting to spread out, so maybe this is the year. :)

Hey that's what mine look like - Kewlio - Mine are seeds from tiG. I put them in garden yesterday.

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

Years!!?? Poo - I was hoping sooner.

These will have to wait awhile before they can go outside.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

mine bloomed the first year I put them out, sown outdoors after frost.

"down the Shore", NJ(Zone 7a)

poppysue, they look great! I will venture to say that you may expect blooms this summer. They will grow fast in a nice sunny, well-drained location. Can't wait to see photos of them in bloom! John

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Sue, normally they are supposed to bloom quicker. Mine just refuse! LOL

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

Looking so good.

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

Maybe the climate difference is the problem Michele.

"eyes"

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I don't know what is up with mine. They are planted in the same bed as my Belamcanda which bloom like crazy. They are in the same family so you would think...LOL

Badseed, some Belamcanda will do well in moister and shadier conditions than others. In fact, B. flabellata, the yellow one, prefers these conditions. B. chinensis (orange) needs more sun and drier conditions, as do Pardancanda. Does this sound right at all? John

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

John, My Belamcanda chinensis and Pardacanda are in the same bed some 3-4 feet apart. The bed is full sun-all day and shady after say 6pm. The Pardacanda is in a slightly more moist location than the Belamcanda. So, if I understand correctly-are you saying to move the Pardacanda to a drier location?? :)

Badseed, hmmm... if it is slightly more moist, yet very well drained it shouldn't matter. But, if the Pardancanda have been in the same place for 3 years, they do need to be divided and moved anyway. For some reason, they will start to regress after that time unless relocated. Dividing and replanting them will rejuvenate them; possibly this will give you blooms this year. John

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.