I'm new here

Cleveland, OH(Zone 5b)

Hi everyone! I've been browsing for the last couple of days and have already found so much great information! I am new to gardening, but have jumped into it feet first. I started about twelve different plants from seed. (some much too early and had to buy fluorescent lamps.) My biggest challenge is the hibiscus I planted from seed I got from a friend. (He had huge white blossoms) They're pretty leggy, but I'm pinching them back hoping it will help.
My yard is just grass, so I have to do alot of digging and preparing. I live in Cleveland, so the weather can be kinda iffy at times. I know I will be learning so much from all of you. Talk to you soon. Celia

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Hi Ceila,
Let me be the first to say hello and welcome! This is a great place and many will tell you that once you are here, you are here forever! I have used the internet to line up plant and seed trades for four years and have been here almost a year. You will find the greatest bunch of people here. :) Hope you enjoy your stay.
Michele in Cincinnati

Cape May Court House, NJ(Zone 7a)

Welcome Ceila, you are going to love it here!!!!!
sue

Ewing, KY(Zone 6a)

Welcome from Ky. Jump right in and join the fun. Need any help just holler.

Cleveland, OH(Zone 5b)

Thanx for your hospitality! Badseed, do you still need some tomato plants?

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

Welcome Celia :)! i am in the Upper Desert of So. California. am sure u will enjoy ur new 'home' away from home... ma vie

Jesteburg-Wiedenhof, Germany(Zone 8a)

Welcome Celia,

This will be your new home on the net...... believe me, you'll take most other sites off from your favourites list after being here a while..... Great people here, caring, and sometimes very, very, funny.

Welcome !!

All the best

Wintermoor

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Hello Celia - what a lovely name!! Welcome to our garden, You are going to meet some wonderful people and have a blast!! Did I really say 'blast'!! See what's happening to this English gal and all because of DG!! :-)

Helsinki, Finland(Zone 4b)

Ŵễļсøмę!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

WELCOME FROM MID-MICHIGAN!!!!

Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

Welcome Celia, you will love it here. I look forward to seeing you around the garden.
try to catch the chat tonite, it will be a good way to meet a lot of the members.

Cleveland, OH(Zone 5b)

Thank you, all of you!!! I feel very welcome and can't wait for each new posting. Everything and everyone is so interesting and fun!
Cecelia

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

Well a big ol howdy from Georgia. Welcome aboard. Jim

Crossville, TN

Celia is a pretty name...but I love the name Cecelia....glad you gave your full spelling. Sorry! Welcome...from and OLD gal in Arizona. Start planning now to attend the Round Up...June 28th and 29th, in Crossville, TN...(see the Round Up forum!)Jo

Circleville, OH(Zone 8b)

Hi Celia

A big Ohio welcome to you.

Mike

Cleveland, OH(Zone 5b)

Thanx Mike! Where is Williamsport?

Circleville, OH(Zone 8b)

South of Columbus

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

Welcome from the shy and bashful Zanymuse.
(Now ya all hush that laughin, she is new and won't know how honest ((NOT)) a statement that is for a few minutes anyway!)

Crossville, TN

I will attest that Zanymuse is just as shy as I am!!! LOL Jo

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

Thanks RR! I knew I could depend on you!

(Zone 5a)

welcome and make yourself at home. You are now a part of our family which means we will be hitting you up for a trade in no time at all lol. So feel free to hit us up for a few.

Wapakoneta, OH(Zone 5b)

Hi Celia...I am new also and have been stumblig around the website trying to figure out how it works. I am glad to see someone from Ohio. I am from OH also. I live in Wapakoneta on I75 about 60 miles north of Dayton. If this good ole Ohio weather ever settles, I am anxious to get into my flowerbeds. My name is Bobbi

Crossville, TN

Welcome Bobbi...you are going to love it here...Celia is a great addition to the Garden, and I am sure you will be too.....come to the DG Round up in June and let us meet you in person! (see Round Up Forum). Jo

Jesteburg-Wiedenhof, Germany(Zone 8a)

C'mon in Bobbi, and join the party.
Gardening will never be the same for you ;-)

All the best

Wintermoor

Wapakoneta, OH(Zone 5b)

Thanks guys, for the welcome. You sound like a good group.

Wintermoor,,you are a long way off. I have been to Germany once. We had an exchange student from Aachen 10 years ago. We still keep in touch and he will be in the US May thru Aug.. working for a law firm in Calif. He will visit us the last of Aug. for 10 days. He is after his law degree.

Still waiting for the weather to clear....gotta get into those flowebeds soon.

Bobbi

(Zone 5a)

ROBBOB I am from Ohio also, I live in Columbus. I have already planted my garden, I just couldn't wait any longer lol.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Hi Bobbie - Welcome to our garden. Your name has already been mentioned in the prayer forum!! This is the place to be, friendly and a walking encyclopedia of gardening!!

Wapakoneta, OH(Zone 5b)

Hi All....Windsurfer, you are just farther enough south of us and have had a little more warm weather. Sounds like a good excuse anyway. Lucky you, to have your garden out.

Louisa.....Thanks for the info, I'll check out the prayer forum.

Thanks to all of you for making me feel so welcome.

Cleveland, OH(Zone 5b)

Hi Bobbi! This is great! It's nice to have another member from Ohio, Zone 5 (b). I'm sure we'll be trading in the near future. What are you planting this year?
Cecelia

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom

Hello Celia! I'm also from Cleveland. Cleveland in the north of England that is. This is a very friendly site. I'm sure you'll be right at home here in no time! Welcome!

Cleveland, OH(Zone 5b)

Wow! Northerner, never new there was a Cleveland in England. Who was your city/town named after? Ours was the settler/map maker, Moses Cleveland.
Nice talking to you.
Cecelia

Wapakoneta, OH(Zone 5b)

Hi Cecelia.........Not too sure what I am going to plant, providing I am ever able to get into my flower beds. It is raining again tonight, a few thunder boomers thrown in.

I probably will plant impatients, love those, marigolds, geramiums, vinca, Mexican heather, ageratum, salvia, dusty miller, zinnias. I am all flowers, no vegs. I have a lot of perennials also. Hostas, two trumpet viens, silver lace vine, bittersweet vines, yellow cone flowers, lots of ground cover, tiger lillies, and various other flowers.

We have a large deck and an enclosed garden area which I call my little piece of heaven. It is just beautiful when in full bloom. WE have a little waterfall that I built, my hubby dug the hole. It's just a small one.

Must go, need to get this tired ol body to bed.
Night. Bobbi

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom

I never thought of Cleveland being named after anyone. The name was given to the area only about 30 years ago, beofre that we were part of Yorkshire. And Yorkshire goes back centuries.
I can tell you that the suburb I'm in, Acklam, was named after the oaks growing here - or what remains of them. And that the suburb was mentioned in the Domesady Book. Now if I could remember my O'level history I'd tell yopu what year the Domesday Book was - a few years after the Norman invason in 1066 anyway. So that's quite a few centuries ago! Amazing to think there were people wandering around here a thousand years ago or more.

Oklahoma City, OK(Zone 7a)

Welcome from the Heart of Dixie!

Dayton, OH(Zone 5a)

A belated welcome, Celia! Noticing that you're from Cleveland, I had to say hello since that's where most of my family is :) On the West side of Cleveland.

My son learned about Cleveland this past year. When people refer to it as the "mistake on the lake", I never knew that it went back as far as how it had been named after Moses Cleaveland. Apparently, they changed the spelling to fit onto a newspaper, and so it lost the "a".

I'm proud to say I'm a Brown's fan and from Cleveland! Welcome to Dave's Garden :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.