Container planting take heed

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Just listened to our weather forecast and it looks as though the cold is coming back in. The predicted temps for my area are for the low 30s Monday night. So this will definitely hold up my planting for the competition. No, I can't move the container into a sheltered location :-)

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

Shore ya kin louweezy gist put sum tires back on, kick the blocks out frum under it an roll that ole juuhlopy with the peetoonias right inta the barn!

Sounds like Louweezy is a tryin fer the biggest container folks! ;~)

This message was edited Saturday, Apr 20th 1:47 PM

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

lol you little devil you!!! How did you know I might use the truck!!!! No I'm not trying for the biggest container!! It's one that I plant every year and wasn't about to go and buy anything else....... :-)

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

Brilliant minds think alike! I was going to plant up the old abandoned car that was on blocks next to the garage! I had been after DH to get it hauled to the junkyard and got tired of nagging at him so I asked him sweetly to please take the truck down ang bring me 6 to 8 yards of top soil for the new planter I was going to make. What planter is that he innocently asks? So I told him I had this inspired idea of planting it up with bright vines and trailing bushes coming out of the windows and doors and to dent the top in really good so I could plant something there too. All with a straight face mind you! I never did get the dirt caust the old "planter was towed away that afternoon!

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Zany that would have been just so fantastic!! A brilliant idea - now wait and see what happens!! You just opened a can of worms.....see another original planter - a can!! Actually you have given me an idea! And I'm not going to give you any clues - no, none whatsoever, no how..tee-hee!!

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

Aw! Come on...just a little bitty hint?

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

not even that - in case hubbie objects and then I'll fall flat on my face....lol!!

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Years ago when I was newly wed and stupid, I complained to my mother about all the junk cars my late first husband was towing into our yard. She told me, "Honey, if you can't move it and you can't burn it, plant petunias around it!"

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

I think I could like your mum very easily!!! :-)

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

Good advice Weezingreens but I am just a happy to not have to plant petunias in an abandoned stationwagon :~)

And Louisa! I figured out what to enter in this contest! All I have to do now is plant it up and wait til it is ready for pics! I might not win but it will definately be an original!

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Good for you Zany - it sounds fun!! The whole contest will be fun - win or lose!!!! I was disappointed with the selection of plants at our local places - nothing unusual or different!! Maybe I was looking too early. I think I have enough material that I still haven't planted in the garden yet :-)

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

Well, I won't need any new plants or anything unusual for mine and it will still be odd! This is fun!

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Can't wait :-)

N.C. Mts., NC(Zone 6b)

Zanymuse, I laughed so hard & loud my DH come to see what was going on. About a mile from our property, a man has 6 dead cars in front of his house. Maybe I can drop off some seeds & plants for his wife.

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

lizh, It might make her day! Those old cars are expensive to get rid of but they sure are an eyesore! Maybe if she threatens to plant them heres will disappear like mine did :~)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.