greenhouse staging

Wigan, Landcashire, United Kingdom

Any of you got any good idea for cheap(and i mean cheap) staging for my 8x6 alluminium greenhouse?

Depends what you have lying around, Sheila. Mine is made from an old aluminium door as a support at the front, old greenhouse staging for the top, and a couple of bits of 2x2 for the back legs.

In my old greenhouse, I made some with a piece of trellis from homebase, with extra slats nailed on for the top, and 2x2 for the legs.

I have been known to add extra tiers with a plank across two large upturned flower pots, too.

We used to live near a firm that made kitchen fittings - they gave away their offcuts, and we got several pieces of worktop big enough to go over the washing machine and dryer. I'm sure you can find something locally, you seem to have a nose for a bargain!

Just remembered. Argos have some resin shelving. I think it's about £14.99 for a 4-shelf unit, in dark green or black. You put it together without screws or anything, so I should think it would be easy to adjust it to the height you want. It looks similar to the shelves they use in the US for their growlight systems. It's made by Keter Plastic. Argos have a website.

Pernis RT, Netherlands(Zone 8a)

I've started using a wallpapering-table as an emergency-thing and it works fine! Good thing is that it's very cheap only about $ 5,00 and when I don't need it, it folds up!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.