All day mg's...

(Zone 8a)

Mings...this is pic of mg's that bloom all day...I know I have better pics but can't find them...LOL

I grew these last year and don't know name of them...if someone knows please let me know...they resemble mt fuji but are not those...

Thumbnail by imaseedpicker
Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

Are they Early Call? ... was that the only color or were they a mix?

(Zone 8a)

Poppy...pink and blue... early call I thought were solid colors unless I'm mistaken...

Florence, AL(Zone 7a)

How do they differ from MT Fuji! 'Cause that's sure what they look like! Do they have variegated leaves? I really think they ARE Mt. Fuji---mine stayed open nearly all day, at least the ones that grew up the tree in the shade.

Sharpsville, PA(Zone 5a)

wow! I have only seen the Mt. Fuji in the mail order catalogue. Looks llike them to me! I got some from Parks seeds. So far. one of each packet of 20 has sprouted. I think. maybe not even that good of odds. I got some too from nice people here at DG. Am saving them to go directly into a pot so I can spy upon it ! I can;t wait till these start to bloom. Thanks for the photo. Really nice! Thats great that they stay open all day. And no wonder! they are too pretty to close up! they must be "males' showing off! Like the male birds having all the pretty feathers !

(Zone 8a)

Sorry so late responding but these are not Mt Fuji...

Sharpsville, PA(Zone 5a)

you'll have to let us know if you ever find out what kind they are...very pretty

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Definitely not Fuji. No variegation on the leaves. Very pretty bloom and the foliage looks great.

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

I think they might be the Yojiro morning glory.http://www.poporo.ne.jp/~kondoh/asagao/youjiro1.jpg

Sharpsville, PA(Zone 5a)

Looks like it to me. But. what do I know

(Zone 8a)

Honibee...they are close but the star in the middle of mine seem alot bigger and I'm trying to explain it but more of a burst in it!

I will try to find a better pic of them!

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

There is another difference. The picture of Honeybee's hyperlink has 5 sections to it and Rebecca's has six.

Sharpsville, PA(Zone 5a)

5&6..WoW! You guys are good! real investigating here. Good work! soomeone hurry up and get this figured out...its close to my bedtime

(Zone 8a)

Hymmm...Brugie you are so observative and so right...now we really have to find out what they are!

Sharpsville, PA(Zone 5a)

they aren't silk......a little humor here to lighten things up. Now. no frowning.! It will give you wrinkles. keep up that good work.

(Zone 8a)

Ha-Ha...I knew that for I grew them last year too!

Maybe I have a rare and very exotic type of mg!!! LOL

Sharpsville, PA(Zone 5a)

yeah. ! thats it.

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

if you have a couple of seeds I would love to try some. I'd only need maybe 5 seeds :)
I've looked like mad at all kinds of morning glory sites to figure out what it is and have not found it yet at all :(
Still looking though as I'm very curious as to what you have there........LOL

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

some sort of Japanese morning glory? I've seen some of them have 6 of those stripes. Ok, I don't know the techy words for flowers ok........stripes will have to do.......LOL

(Zone 8a)

Ha-Ha...they are Japanese I received in a trade from Japan and only labeled 'large flower mix'...I will have to email them to find out exactly what they are!

Stripes is great!

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

let me know when you find out, it's really beautiful

Sharpsville, PA(Zone 5a)

See...I know someone inNarita, Japan...If I had this photo. I could email them and ask too

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

mings, if Imaseedpicker doesn't mind, you can do a right click on the picture and save as and save it to your desktop and send it as an attachment in your e-mail to Japan to find out about this mystery MG :)

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Sure hope you find out so we can maybe find them available for sale someplace. Beautiful flower.

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

talking about Japanese morning glory, check the Plants Database, and see what i found... http://plantsdatabase.com/go/2263.html

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Well, I'll be darned. Right in front of us all this time. You are so good MVR. What would we do without you. Now, want to find a place we can buy the seed? :-) I'd probably look for hours. Haven't figured out the search part of the computer yet. You find the seed on line and I'll buy it and send you some of it.

(Zone 8a)

I haven't seen any seed for them anywhere for sale!

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

vendor for seeds:
http://www.eseeds.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=40559&prmenbr=127 , http://www.gmtransplants.com/annuals.cfm - be sure to scroll down to morning glory [way down the page, be patient... be worth ur while.

trade with fellow DG member... http://davesgarden.com/journal/vbc/CARRIGAN/2694/

edited to add more info:

forget the 2nd vendor. i just check their shipping procedure and not happy about it :(.

This message was edited Thursday, May 2nd 12:41 AM

Florence, AL(Zone 7a)

'Becca, I bow to you, you ARE the MG queen! Send me directions to your house---I'm gonna come and take pics while you're not home, and tell everyone they're MY mgs!
(Just stirrin') *grin*

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Thanks MVR. Placed an order and soon as they get here, some will be on their way to you. I ordered three different kinds. You are sooooo good!! :-)

(Zone 8a)

Hey Jude! Didn't I send you some in your xmas package?

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

Thanks Shirley :), u're so kind!!! deeply appreciate that!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.