Need a fast-growing vine

Saint James, NY(Zone 7a)

I need a vigorous, flowering (and would really love it if it were perennial) vine for a trellis I'm working on. Does anyone have any ideas? Also, how would a Clematis x jackmanii and possibly a morning glory vine go together? Again, any input would be GREATLY appreciated!

northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

Hi Diane,
Welcome to Dave's!!
If you are interested in Clematis, I am going to take cuttings from mine this weekend. The trellis fell over, and I need to cut it back, to try to replace the trellis. See my thread below, asking for Clematis advice, for a picture from last year. This has grown a lot for me every year. If you are interested in unrooted cuttings I can send you some for postage, or if you want to wait a bit longer, I will root some.
Debbie

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Diane I would think the Morning Glory would choke out the clematis and become tangled up in it but I'm not sure!! However here are some possible choices for you. Lonicera, Akebia, Actinidia, Ampelopsis, Hedera, Parthenocissus and roses I have planted climbing roses to pair up with clematis and pyracantha!! Wingnut, could your clematis be Mrs P.B. Truax??
http://www.bloomingbulb.com/products/ProductPicture.asp?ProductKey=403

Saint James, NY(Zone 7a)

Thank you, thank you all for your advice. Momcat, I'd love some of your rooted clematis. Just tell me how I go about the postage. Thanks again.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.